Saturday hunting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Saturday hunting

Postby wildwing » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm

Hope everyone had a good holiday. Got back at it today. Tried a spot this am that usually produces woods . Brought a friend of mine who is kind of new to the sport. Got to say he wasn't to happy standing in the cold rain before sun up. To be honest i was kind of skeptical about it too. Raining sideways for what seemed like forever, shooting time came and no ducks. By now he is starting to question my ability to find birds and both of our sanity :fingerhead: . Then it happened. They came in every which way. Couldn't load fast enough, felt more like a dove Hunt instead of duck. After gathering our birds and forgetting about the wet weather, we got a big surprise. Mallards started to work our spread. I just looked in awe. Never ever saw them in this spot. Had the flock commit dropped the two greens and a hen. Had a few singles drop in of which we stoned. Missed a black duck :oops: think we were in shock from all the birds. All in all good day. Ended up with six mallards and five woods. Watched ducks till ten then it just stopped. Much better than the last two spots i hunted. Think the ducks there had watches cause they would fly ten minutes before shooting time then stop. Anyways hope everyone had a good Saturday, the ducks are around.
wildwing
hunter

Re: Saturday hunting

Postby DuckMauler » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Excellent Post :thumbsup: It sure is awesome when it all unexpectedly comes together!
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby DDTHNC » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:50 pm

:thumbsup: congrats on the bird got to love it when things work out
Life is tough, but it's even tougher when your stupid. John Wayne
DDTHNC
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:44 am

:thumbsup: :beer: :clapping:

Nothing like a good woody hole with the surprise of big birds working!
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Sounds like a hunt both of you will remember! It's nice when everything works out :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting