Public Hunting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Public Hunting

Postby dopey3399 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:23 pm

I was curious if anybody would be able to tell me some areas of public hunting close to manteo? ill be on a business trip to the area and left with a couple days to hunt.. ill only be able to walk in since i wont be bringing my boat. i know the area is kind of rough to find public ground i just dont want to be one of the guys that stumble onto somewhere i shouldnt be.. Thanks in advance... Also is there any maps i can buy while there that show me public hunting areas?
dopey3399
hunter

Public Hunting

Postby Willie » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:54 pm

Go to ncwrc.com. I think that's the site. NC Wildlife Resources commission
Willie
hunter

Re: Public Hunting

Postby Metalman » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:52 pm

In your unique situation, you might be more successfull with the 2 days you have, by going with a guide or trying to tagalong with someone as a guest. Offer to pay for gas, buy breakfast or something along those lines.
There "might" be someone on this forum who "might" be willing to let you join-in on a hunt. Good luck....
If you find yourself in the Oriental/Bayboro area, your welcome to "tag-along" with me.
:beer:
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Re: Public Hunting

Postby quackedout » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 am

You have the roanoke island marsh. Can't walk in though, need a boat and a permit. The place sucks anyways I hunted it last year and saw 6 blacks, 2 gwt, a bufflehead, 2 mergansers and 2 loons. We shot the 1 buffie. I am not sure if Bodie Island is doing hunts in January this year but you could check on that, it is walk in style hunting. It can be decent sometimes or it can be bad, most of the time bad. The east side of the roanoke sound is where you want to be, you will need a guide for that.
quackedout
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting