Don't Rally Birds!

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Don't Rally Birds!

Postby wahoowilly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 pm

Dingbatter wrote:Common sense doesn't exist either, chasing birds off, skybusting, setting up on others, violating regulations etc seems to have taken priority over tradition as well. Be that as it may I can assure you that I will not hesitate to call it in and let the enforcement officers decide what is and what is not legal. Consider yourself warned.

1. Nothing has changed in 50 years.
2. When you call in, what are you going to say? Because if you rant to them like you did here, they'll come out, ok, but to get YOU.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:36 pm

EastBound&Down wrote:
Catchin Zs wrote:I was with a buddy hunting out of a salt marsh not too long ago. We were sitting in the boat, just after LST when a group of 5 or 6 buffles started flying towards us from a few hundred yards away. All of a sudden, I look to the mouth of the creek and a guy comes and checks his crab pots, scaring all the ducks away and screwed up our morning completely. I really wanted to use that steel shot in an unspeakable way...

:fingerhead:
If you are basing your morning hunt on 5 or 6 bufflehead, then you should just go ahead and throw the towel in and find a new hobby.

Aww Hail to the mighty duck killer like you could do any better lol.....Whompus Kitty told me you haven't killed more than 5 or 6 buffies in the last 3 years.

The same words ran through my mind...
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby wildwing » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Catchin Zs, instead of being frustrated at him you should have spoken to him. That man spends more time on the water than all of us combined, which makes him your bestfriend. I learned early in this sport that you need to utilize every resource you can. That means listen to others that know, learn the area you Hunt the best you can, and scout the birds when you can . If you want to make your hunting, scouting, and navigation easier so you can spendmore time hunting, your best resource was that guy you got pissed at for making a living. I have been put on more birds by guys like him than any other person on the water. Think about that next time you have a commercial guy "ruin your Hunt".
wildwing
hunter

Re: Re: Don't Rally Birds!

Postby Catchin Zs » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:18 pm

wildwing wrote:Catchin Zs, instead of being frustrated at him you should have spoken to him. That man spends more time on the water than all of us combined, which makes him your bestfriend. I learned early in this sport that you need to utilize every resource you can. That means listen to others that know, learn the area you Hunt the best you can, and scout the birds when you can . If you want to make your hunting, scouting, and navigation easier so you can spendmore time hunting, your best resource was that guy you got pissed at for making a living. I have been put on more birds by guys like him than any other person on the water. Think about that next time you have a commercial guy "ruin your Hunt".

I appreciate that, alot. Thank you. I definitely will keep that in mind.
I've deer hunted for about 6 years now, and the learning curve on ducks is completely different. With deer, only a few factors are key to success. With ducks, it's everything, including the expense for all the right gear. I just want as much information as I can get since I am very new to the sport. I apologize for making a fool out of myself.
Catchin Zs
hunter

Postby la angler » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:23 pm

Does not sound like rallying,but more than likely those ducks rafted up were not going to come to you.Your only hope is if it blows a gale and breaks them up.Good luck to you.
la angler
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting