Permit draw question

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Permit draw question

Postby lumpy2181 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 am

For you guys that have been here longer than I, am I able to put in for more than 5 date choices at a particular location if on another person's draw? Example would be I chose 5 dates at XXX Game Lands/Impoundment with my buddy on my draw and then he selects 5 other dates on his with my name added. There are only a few places close enough to make the drive/time worth it to hunt one day and I disagree with the NCWRC's limiting to 5 date choices per location. Thanks for any assistance.
Bgold wrote:... I don't think we're doing it right though and my butt sure hurts...

That's what she said!!!
lumpy2181
hunter

Re: Permit draw question

Postby merg » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Assuming I understand the question-No. Once you go on his application,or vice-versa,you two become one party with one party number-not two different parties (for that particular draw). I believe if you read the fine print you'll find you will be kicked out of the drawing for applying twice-but don't quote me on that.
merg
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:51 pm

No. Just no. Welcome to the frigged up world of duck hunting under the vaunted auspices of the NCWRC...the worst mismanagers of a hunting resource in the world. As a buddy said on another board, it won't be long before our waterfowl hunting impoundments are all refuges.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 pm

You mean people still put in for those "hunts"? :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:You mean people still put in for those "hunts"? :lol3:
Last edited by Dingbatter 2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Giant Killer » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:31 am

merg wrote:Assuming I understand the question-No. Once you go on his application,or vice-versa,you two become one party with one party number-not two different parties (for that particular draw). I believe if you read the fine print you'll find you will be kicked out of the drawing for applying twice-but don't quote me on that.

we have a winner. merg is on the money here...once you guys are a party, you can't create another party, no matter who is the leader. rumor has it, it will kick you out for applying twice.

my hope is 1 day the preference pts system will roll out to all permit hunts (not just swan). meaning, at some point, you should get to hunt at said gamelands of your choice.

another improvement could possibly be to get rid of the "party" hunt. just have everyone apply as a single and be allowed to bring along a guest(s). there are a couple like that now...but not all. in that case, you and your buddy would essentially have 2 chances at drawing. but this method is gonna put alot more names in the pot, and may make it tougher to draw?
Giant Killer
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:38 am

Need to eliminate draws.
wahoowilly
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting