Land for Lease

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Land for Lease

Postby hercdrvrwo » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 pm

Gents/Ladies,

I have been looking online for Land to rent/lease for duck hunting. I looked on Valentine Land and Timber -- http://www.valentinelandandtimber.com/

All I can find on any of the other sites are places for sale. If anyone on here is a farmer and looking to rent/lease some swamp etc, let me know, I am interested.......T I R E D of being skunked on Public land, it isn't even the amount of people as it is the difficulty in finding suitable land to hunt. I just want my own spot in the world to call my own (and my dog's)! Just a little swamp, with maybe a pond or three, maybe even some flooded timber!

I am even up for splitting someone's lease and taking some of the cost/labor of maintaining. I will be stationed in NC for maybe another year, don't know if I can take this much longer, I killed ducks on every single opener, but thats it!!

Cheers
Herc
"Fly it like you stole it!"
hercdrvrwo
hunter

Land for Lease

Postby m.teeter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:14 am

Might want to try putting something on Craigslist. I've seen it done before but don't know how well it worked. I'd imagine anyone on here that had any land holding ducks would probably not give it up. But who knows. Good luck to you.
m.teeter
hunter

Re: Land for Lease

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:55 am

Just buy some land and make payments like everybody else! :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:04 am

I think he is in the military and will only be stationed in NC for another year.

You can put an ad in the NC Agriculture review, its a publication put out bu the NC Dept of Agriculture. Do a goggle search you should be able to find it. As for these real estate guys who specialize in hunting lease, I haven't seen one yet that I could afford. They talk a good line but in a nut shell its all about a dollar.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby hercdrvrwo » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:33 pm

I didn't think about craigslist--great idea! I have actually thought about just hoping in the truck and driving around & knocking on doors.

Dingbatter 2, yup only in NC for ~ another year, I know I am coming back to NC at some point, but don't have time to invest in hunting land at this point.

Dinbatter - thanks for the tip, just what the doctor ordered!

Thanks!
"Fly it like you stole it!"
hercdrvrwo
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting