Duck Hunting Forum banner

Best Hunt?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mayhem96 
#1 ·
Let's hear some of your best hunt(s) in North Carolina :grooving:

Post em' up :thumbsup:

#3 ·
Best hunt, having all three of my boys home for the holidays, one straight out of Afganistan, one home from college, one well he aint gone yet. Fellows it is a honor to hunt with your sons and see what true sportsmen they have become. I have dragged these boys in and out duck blinds all there lives. Hey they finally get it, it is not about how many birds we ever shot. POPS

#4 ·
mayhem96 said:
Guess none of you have had good hunts in NC :huh:
Have had lots of good mornings spent with friends and the dog in the swamps/marsh over the years. Still waiting on that first duck though. The ole timers say you got to put your time in. Still got a few weeks time make it happen this season, hopefully.

#5 ·
It was December of 2007 and I had just purchased an Ambusher Layout Boat. I was setup in a creek off of a coastal river hoping to shoot my limit of 2 (at the time) blackheads before having to go to work. About 10 minutes after legal shooting time a group of about 200 blackheads flew into the creek and lit right on top of me. They were so close I could have caught them in my hat if I tried. Had I sat up I would have got hit in the back of the head. They splashed water on me as they landed. I just froze, in aww and never pulled the trigger. After they got up and flew off a couple birds broke off and came back and I doubled up to get my limit. At that moment, I was completely hooked on hunting from a layout boat and duck hunting hasn't been the same ever since.

#6 ·
had to be openin' day second season on a very pressured yadkin chain lake this yr found a secluded piece of trapped water 2-3 acres that was loaded with mallards and woodies, we walked from my buddies house about 1500 yds away we had 5 people and shot a 5 man limit of mallards along with 8 woodies, the best part was the guy deer hunting the land that proceeded to tell us he owned the water, lake bed, and that there is no high water mark on this lake was icing on the cake. Told us that the law officials were notified and when we walked out they approached us and said yall did nothing wrong would you like to take out hunter harassment charges, and we did b/c the guy threatened to break a foot off in out arse and if he caught us hunting in their again he has a 270 round headin' our way...needless to say he was arrested and and fined

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.