Wish I had that land back

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Wish I had that land back

Postby stumpjumper » Wed Aug 30, 2006 9:03 pm

Boy did I screw up. Hind sight is 20/20. My brother-in-law lives in Fayettville. About 7 years ago he called me up and said he had found some land in Bladen county that we could deer hunt on. Well I drove down there as fast as I could to scout it out. The land consisted of 50 acres of fields, next to 80 acres of pines, that butted up to a swamp that in places was around 4 1/2 feet deep. It was one of those eerie swamps like in Deliverance. Couldn`t get the taught of pigs sqeeling out of my head. :laughing: Well, I placed a stand not more than 10 yards off that swamp facing the pines. Figured I`d use the water as a funneling area. Now let me tell you, I saw ALOT of deer and we took some real nice bucks out of there to. But, AT THE TIME, there was one thing I hated about that swamp( other than the crazy sounds coming out of it ) and that was the ducks. Ducks everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hated it when the woodies and teal would kamakaze in. At times it was so loud with the sound of whistling and quacking I couldn`t hear myself think. I HATED those ducks. I wish that they would have just went away! I don`t know if you guys have ever been in a stand and had ducks buzz within feet of you when it was just starting to get light. You`ll get a sfincter level of 10 for sure. Eventually I moved that stand to rid myself of the noise.
Well the first year I decided to start duck hunting we lost the land to a hunting club. :pissed: Talk about bad luck. Now I find myself dreaming of that swamp and longing to see those ducks. I tell all my friends about it every year. I`d do anyting, almost, to get that land back. Just to duck hunt it ONE day. And to think I use to hate that swamp. What an idiot I was.
Don`t wish to hard. I just might come true.
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting