Geese, Anyone..Geese?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Geese, Anyone..Geese?

Postby Gopack » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 am

Just curious if anybody had any luck this morning. I couldn't go due to work and something called Ernesto.I'm not asking for spots just any kills. Also talked to guys up at Brickhouse Rd yesterdat and they're putting some of the boards in to catch some of the rain but will not start filling any impdmts till mid month,hope this helps.
Gopack
hunter

Postby smokinquacknc » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:04 pm

hunted a lake on the yadkin chain this morning, if i would have had a few more people i would have mashed em, ended up killing four. at shooting time i had about 75 come into the decoys, you gotta love it
smokinquacknc
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:55 pm

smokinquacknc wrote:hunted a lake on the yadkin chain this morning, if i would have had a few more people i would have mashed em, ended up killing four. at shooting time i had about 75 come into the decoys, you gotta love it

You weren't the guys in our backyard this morning were you?? :umm:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby THIN MAN » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:43 pm

Man-o-man, wish I could've been out there this morning! Won't get to hunt till monday due to work. :thumbsdown: Hope those of you that hunted today or tommorow whack the snot out of em!

THIN MAN
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby diverduck » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:42 am

4 Hunters 4 limits it was beautiful!!!
diverduck
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:49 am

Wow! 32 geese is a ton, congrats. :salude: I went while it was blowin on friday and about 127 geese were in 3 flocks in the field next to mine and i went to jump them up to push them over and they flew off, way off. so then i went and shot some skeet.
gvegas88
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:27 am

Only wound up with 4, thought we had them nailed down but oh well. Got another spot for Monday morning. :thumbsup:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby diverduck » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 am

It was nice hunted a peanut field and had the birds moving between us and other hunters in the area. They were a big help. Probally only had killed half that if it were not for the others.
diverduck
hunter

Postby DarkThirty Killer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:41 am

Hunted the Central part of the state on a friends farm Sat morning. We were hunting a cow pasture. There was 6 of us and we were a little rusty, but had 23 by 7:45am, all shot within 25 yds. He also had about 30 mallards using the pasture(he feeds the cows everyday in a feed lot and when they go out to the pasture, the grain from the manure hits the ground and geese and ducks have started using the pasture), and it was awesome to have geese circling and look up and have 6-8 mallards backpeddling in the decoys, hope there still there for the early season. The first goose we killed that morning only had one leg, it was healed over and the leg was gone just below where the feathers stop.
There is no such thing as a cripple being too close!!! If so, you might never see it again. I'm not going to take that chance!!!
DarkThirty Killer
hunter

Postby Gopack » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:51 pm

Darkthirty, that sounds like an awesome hunt. I think if I was goose hunting and had red legs locked up I'd probably have to go to counseling!!! :yes:
Gopack
hunter

Re: Geese, Anyone..Geese?

Postby Pot Hole » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:11 pm

"Gopack"]Just curious if anybody had any luck this morning....

Since you asked...

Pot Hole
hunter

Postby Gopack » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Dude, it must be nice not to have to work for a living!!! :salude: How did you think the Pack looked Sat.I think they got a good chance to go into FSU undefeated.
Gopack
hunter

Postby Pot Hole » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:27 am

Gopack wrote:...How did you think the Pack looked Sat.I think they got a good chance to go into FSU undefeated.

I agree they have a chance to be undefeated when they head to Talahassee, but offensive production must pick up before that is to happen. I don't think Amato opened up the playbook this past weekend for Stone, but rest assured, Akron will move the football and we'll need to do so as well or we'll be 1 - 1 after Saturday. I'm optimistic that this season will be better than last year, but if Stone falters, don't be surprised if Funderburk trots on the field. Amato cannot afford the disaster we experienced the first half of last season.
Pot Hole
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:09 pm

Go Seminoles, all the way, im jk with you guys, im a huge noles fan though, just wanted to give yall a hard time, i believe NCstate has a good chance but they better find a way to manufacture some offense early!
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby duckaholic2285 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:19 am

shot 17 between 4 of us, hunted a cut over cornfeild that backed up to a local golf course here near NCSU!
duckaholic2285
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting