Suggs Mill Pond

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Suggs Mill Pond

Postby FowlNatured » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:33 pm

I have my hunt on Saturday at Suggs on the lake... I was just simply wondering if anyone has been doing any good out there recently. Trying to decide if it is even worth my time to scout it let alone hunt. I have never even been out there and was looking forword to it, till I heard mixed stories about it. Again im not asking for your spots, just want to know if there are brids there... thanks for the help!!!!
FowlNatured
Newb

Re: Suggs Mill Pond

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:45 pm

Water is real low in the lake. Lots of stumps and few birds.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby TimberHunter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:17 am

Hunted the lake in December and the water was really low. I ran on top of a few stumps and some thick vegetation and got stuck a few times paddling a canoe with only one person. Most of the ducks that I saw was not interested in the lake.
TimberHunter
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:05 am

Not worth screwing with, but why did you put in for it if you aren't committed to trying?
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:58 pm

wahoowilly wrote:Not worth screwing with, but why did you put in for it if you aren't committed to trying?

Because we think that there are actually going to be birds there, and that everyone else will stay away, and that it was a wise decision to buy a $5.00 hunt when we could have had a $5.00 foot-long sammich. And, less we forget, because we are all stupid. :grooving:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:29 pm

I've been saying it for years but for some reason nobody seems to listen, Suggs Sucks!
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Willie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:08 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:
wahoowilly wrote:Not worth screwing with, but why did you put in for it if you aren't committed to trying?

Because we think that there are actually going to be birds there, and that everyone else will stay away, and that it was a wise decision to buy a $5.00 hunt when we could have had a $5.00 foot-long sammich. And, less we forget, because we are all stupid. :grooving:

Don't you watch the news? It's not actually a foot long.
Willie
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Well the cat is out of the bag, there are no birds at Suggs and a Subway foot long isn't really a foot long. I missed the report, so how long is it?
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Willie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:00 pm

Dingbatter wrote:Well the cat is out of the bag, there are no birds at Suggs and a Subway foot long isn't really a foot long. I missed the report, so how long is it?

11 inches. Heard some cat is suing them because it's not actually a foot long.
Willie
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:29 pm

That gives me an idea, I'm now thinking about suing the NCWRC for making people believe that there are really ducks at Suggs.
Dingbatter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting