Good days

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Good days

Postby DuckMauler » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:58 pm

Friday
Last edited by DuckMauler on Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby gvegas88 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:42 pm

I tend to stick to about 12 birds when I go dove hunting, being that that is the legal limit
gvegas88
hunter

Re: Good days on both friday and sat.

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:37 pm

DuckMauler wrote:i killed 28 doves and 10 pidgeons

mmm...not something I would post on a public forum.

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Good days on both friday and sat.

Postby Monroeduck » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:12 pm

DuckMauler wrote:, im not like the rest of the people on here who if you dont get your limit your not happy, , i killed 28 doves and 10 pidgeons, between about 30 of us that i knew we killed about 400 all total, had a blast,

Don't need your limit to be happy but killed 28 doves. :eek:

I sure hope 30 of you only killed 360 cause that would be a limit for 30 people but I forgot you don't need limits to be happy. :toofunny:

If we can read this Mr. Green Jeans can as well.

Ok off my Smart Arse post. :hammering:
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby TarHeelWtrFwlr » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:22 pm

:toofunny:

:laughing:

This has got to be a joke.
TarHeelWtrFwlr
hunter

Postby TooTall » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 pm

guys like this piss me off, I don't care if he's telling the truth or not.

what a jerk :pissed:
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:04 pm

If my math is right 400 birds divided by 30 hunters = 13.34 birds per hunter. :umm:
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:13 pm

Let me clarify something, i was with 3 other guys that i knew and went with, our total for our party was 36 doves, they couldnt shoot really well so i shot the rest of our limits up, what all the other people did in the field around me was something i couldnt help, just wanted to bring home a full bag of birds for the 3 of us, if thats unethical then i guess thats what i am!!! but thanks for all the kind remarks!!! u completely have me misjudged!
DuckMauler
hunter

Re: .

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:00 am

DuckMauler wrote: i shot the rest of our limits up, what all the other people did in the field around me was something i couldnt help, just wanted to bring home a full bag of birds for the 3 of us, if thats unethical then i guess thats what i am!! u completely have me misjudged!

Several things to comment on.

Shooting another hunters limit is illegal period, its one thing to do it. It is something else to come on the internet and brag about it. In a post where you say you are not like others you don't have to have a limit.

How is it NOT unethical? Why did you feel the need to brag and boast about it, if limits are not the goal? Let me guess you are 19-21 years old I guess. Watch out for Mr. Green Jeans.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby fish&fowl loco » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:15 am

I am with Monroe on this :withstupid: except you need to take your foot out.

If any body in N.C. thanks they are going to shoot a limit of waterfowl ever time they go out me included is living in a dream world or hunting over bait. I have never bragged about shooting a limit or am I capable of shooting a 6 duck or 8 goose limit where I hunt. If I could I would :thumbsup:
If mergansers were pintails I would be a happy man
fish&fowl loco
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:55 am

My point isn't to judge you for shooting over your limit my point I think it is foolish to brag about in an online public forum.
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby fish&fowl loco » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Monroeduck wrote:My point isn't to judge you for shooting over your limit my point I think it is foolish to brag about in an online public forum.

My point is we all shoot limits when we don't always nor do we say we do but you got your point across too :hammering:
If mergansers were pintails I would be a happy man
fish&fowl loco
hunter

Postby Gopack » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:53 pm

WOW, :eek: So just out of curiousity, using your logic, if you"........and a few guys you know really well" got a permit hunt and your buddies ".......were having a hard day shooting" would you shoot THEIR limit of duck's too?What about geese?
Gopack
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:54 pm

Mods I didn't intend to post my reply 4 times if someone could delete 3 of the 4 thanks
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby blindretrieve » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:40 pm

and we wander why bird numbers are on the decline.....
My lab is smarter than your honor student
blindretrieve
hunter

Postby DarkThirty Killer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:54 am

Question?? Wrong is wrong, I understand that, but whats the difference in shooting someone elses limit of doves and four people sitting in a duck blind and everyone shooting when the ducks come in, how do you know when you killed your limit or for that matter, when anyone else kills theres. All you have to go on is that you better not have more than 24 ducks or whatever species the limit applies to. I don't think that there is any difference, regardless of what is "sportsmanlike". There has been times when we have shot four limits of teal/ringnecks in a morning, and we stopped when we got to 24, I might not have shot my limit or I might have shot over,point is, with everyone shooting how do you know? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here that does that.
There is no such thing as a cripple being too close!!! If so, you might never see it again. I'm not going to take that chance!!!
DarkThirty Killer
hunter

Postby Monroeduck » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:18 pm

The point most are trying to make is don't go bragging about it in an online message board.

The post that was deleted, the first post in this thread, talked about how DM didn't care about limits like some of us, but then he bragged about shooting 28 doves. In his first post there was no comment about it being 3 hunters. That doesn't make it right or wrong as shooting a combined limit is illegal. If he knew he shot 28 then he knew he was over the limit. There is no chance of it being a I didn't know what birds I killed situation.

now the group of 4 with ducks, did the one guy that shot one extra bird know he was one over, or on one of the earlier ducks did several folks shot and it wasn't known who killed the bird? Different situations. When we hunt and if a bird is shot by multiple guns we make a decision right there whos bird it is. Then when/if you get to the end of the limit guys are only shooting if the have a bird to spare in their limit.

However here in NC we don't run into this problem often. :)
Monroeduck
hunter

finally

Postby DuckMauler » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:34 pm

finally, an educated person on here, im glad theres someone that has some brains, and its not like i just purposely break the law all the time, hardly ever, and i drove 3 hrs to where i went, just wanted to bring our 3 limits home, thats it, but thanks for the one good reply i got!!
DuckMauler
hunter

Re: finally

Postby Monroeduck » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:46 pm

DuckMauler wrote:finally, an educated person on here, im glad theres someone that has some brains, and its not like i just purposely break the law all the time, hardly ever, and i drove 3 hrs to where i went, just wanted to bring our 3 limits home, thats it, but thanks for the one good reply i got!!

Did you break the law? Simple question simple answer.

Don't go around bragging about breaking the law. If you didn't think you did anything wrong why edit your first post. Big difference in shooting 7 ducks to another guys 5, vs. shooting 28 doves to the other guys 4 each. I think I will start taking my kids out so I can shoot their limit as well. Is that ok with you?
Monroeduck
hunter

Postby DarkThirty Killer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:56 pm

It takes all kinds. I stick to the rules and it might be wrong, but it does'nt really bother me if someone shoots over on doves. Now ducks to me are different, alot more doves than ducks. Just remember mauler, there is always someone that could be watching, and sooner or later it will catch up to you, and it will not be cheap. Oh yeah, Monroeduck, it might say I from E. Tenn., but born and raised in North By God Carolina, and every limit I've picked up has come from eastern NC, and would love to be back in NC. No offense to anyone on this site. Just my .02.
There is no such thing as a cripple being too close!!! If so, you might never see it again. I'm not going to take that chance!!!
DarkThirty Killer
hunter

Postby Gopack » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:49 pm

So Darkthirtykiller, I want to make sure I understand you correctly. Sometimes then, when you go hunting with your friends, and a flock comes in you just point to the middle and keep pulling the trigger. The guys I hunt with calll their birds while their falling, and we make sure who shot what.Not just "...blast'em" till our guns are empty!!Yes the way duckmauler described shooting dovs doesn't sound liek a biggy BUT, and it's a big BUT. My guess is IF this is his viewpoint on doves, it's probably his viewpoint on ducks.Now, darkthirty I don't know you but what you say you don't understand sounds insane to me.I was blessed to have buddies who hold me to the line and I know this. And brother they tell me when I'm wrong. So one duck hunetr to another, Yawl are wrong.
Gopack
hunter

Postby THIN MAN » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:32 pm

Duck Mauler wrote Posted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:34 pm Post subject: finally

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

finally, an educated person on here, im glad theres someone that has some brains, and its not like i just purposely break the law all the time, hardly ever, and i drove 3 hrs to where i went, just wanted to bring our 3 limits home, thats it, but thanks for the one good reply i got!!

Haven't you insulted enough people already?
For we were born yesterday,and know nothing,
because our days on earth are only a shadow.

JOB 8:9
THIN MAN
hunter

Postby DarkThirty Killer » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:19 pm

I too was blessed with great friends to hunt with, gopack. I'm just saying, if your hunting with a group, and there are several birds down, then know one knows for sure who shot what. If I shoot a duck and know I killed the bird for sure, then I claim it, if someone else claims it, then its theirs. Its ducks, not blocks of gold. If ducks are flying good enough to shoot individually then we will take turns.(which is rarely). But if not then its every man for him/herself. Example: I was hunting an impoundment with some friends and they knew I wanted a drake widgeon to mount, so they gave me the first two shots and if I missed, they would back me up. One drake widgeon came in and I choked on the first two and they backed me up, but I also shot my third shot and the bird folded, while the others shot also. I was unable to verify I shot the bird and neither was anyone else, but someone killed it, and we did'nt worry about it after that. And that was with friends that would have d#$m sure claimed it, if they knew for sure they killed it. We have been checked by the game warden coming out and had 4 limits split between two carriers. They never said a thing about splitting the birds into individual limits. So in my opinion, if it was alright coming out of the blind, then it was ok in the blind.
DarkThirty Killer
hunter

Postby Pot Hole » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:58 pm

DarkThirty Killer wrote:Question?? Wrong is wrong, I understand that, but whats the difference in shooting someone elses limit of doves and four people sitting in a duck blind and everyone shooting when the ducks come in, how do you know when you killed your limit or for that matter, when anyone else kills theres....

The difference is, in the duck blind example you mention above you may not know which specific bird you shot because everyone is shooting at the same time, but in the dove field situation described by the starter of this thread, the shooter knows exactly which birds he shot and which ones his buddies shot. I realize this thread is getting beat to death, but IMHO, I definately wouldn't use the example above to rationalize the shooting of doves above ones limit to help fill out a friend's limit. It's like comparing apples to oranges. :cool:
Pot Hole
hunter

??

Postby DuckMauler » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:41 pm

Im sry guys, i didnt mean for this to get like it did, i had a good hunt and just wanted to share it with anyone else, i was not bragging bout shooting over my limit like some of you say i was, i was just wanting to tell someone about it bc i had a blast, and by the way i have never shot over my limit on ducks geese or anything else, i know i live in the piedmont and limits only come about twice a year, but i never have. Didnt mean to insult anyone or make anyone mad, just thought yall were taking this a litte too far, thats why i deleted it. But i agree with DarkThirtyKiller, and i apreciate him putting his 2 cent in. All i know is we the three of us brought home 36 doves, i was checked by a warden twice on sat. and we split the birds between us and he said that was just fine, so w/e guys, either way i had fun and thats all that counts, and i cant wait to be back on the lake in the morning chasing more geese before my class at 1230, so good luck to everyone else this week on here, again im sry i caused so much crazyness on here!!!
God BLESS!!!
DuckMauler
hunter

Next

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting