last day

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

last day

Postby wildwing » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Well we all know that tomorrow is the last of yet another season in the books. Good luck to all. I hope it goes out with a bang for everyone. Pun intended.lol. Either way after tomorrow I'm sure each of us will reflect back on the season we had, the good days and the bad, and realize how lucky we are to just be able to enjoy this great sport. We shall remember the bitter cold mornings with friends, the reason why we wake well before the first rays of the sum warm the winter air, and look forward to the time when we can do it again. Again good luck to all and be safe.
wildwing
hunter

Re: last day

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Nine months of boredom ahead. Heat, humdity, heat...I despise summer! Summer is so damn GAY! :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby 4reel12 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:15 pm

Post some pics of some birds from 2012-2013
4reel12
hunter

Postby wood duck commander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Good luck guys I'm going to a new spot in the am . Hope it pays off.
wood duck commander
hunter

Postby DDTHNC » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:53 pm

Good luck to all and be safe out there and on the road. Happy hunting fellas let it be a good final day until next season :beer:
Life is tough, but it's even tougher when your stupid. John Wayne
DDTHNC
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Nine months of boredom ahead. Heat, humdity, heat...I despise summer! Summer is so damn GAY! :lol3:

X2
m.teeter
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Couldn't of said it better myself, I hate June July & August. I do enjoy looking at tan legs and big boobs though! :biggrin:
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby Mallard Cutter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:53 pm

Good luck everybody !!
Mallard Cutter
hunter

Postby saltnbattery » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Make it count gentlemen. I'll be stomping through a swamp chasin mallards, teal,and woodies. Good luck to everyone. Hope to see some good reports.
saltnbattery
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:32 pm

Was this not the fastest season ever? Older you get, faster time passes.

Best season in 10 years.
Paul26
hunter

Re: last day of NC Ducks season and what to do after the sea

Postby Joe Guide » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:58 pm

Seems like we had more divers along the coast during the January 2005 and January 2002 seasons, but this year has been quite exceptional. Check out the after season plans for the "N.C. Ducks memorial Skeet Shoot and Oyster Roast" posted on that web site. Don't know if ya'll every knew Mr. Bill Dunkin. He was a great fellow and gave away a lot of duck calls to wounded warriors and young duck hunters who didn't have a duck call.

We hope to honor his memory and honor some wounded warriors at that special skeet shoot and oyster roast afternoon of FEB 16 2013.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby wood duck commander » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Joe Guide wrote:Seems like we had more divers along the coast during the January 2005 and January 2002 seasons, but this year has been quite exceptional. Check out the after season plans for the "N.C. Ducks memorial Skeet Shoot and Oyster Roast" posted on that web site. Don't know if ya'll every knew Mr. Bill Dunkin. He was a great fellow and gave away a lot of duck calls to wounded warriors and young duck hunters who didn't have a duck call.

We hope to honor his memory and honor some wounded warriors at that special skeet shoot and oyster roast afternoon of FEB 16 2013.

Cool.where is it at ?
wood duck commander
hunter

Postby jcz » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Going to have to bust some ice in the morning.

Good luck fellas.
jcz
hunter

Postby MichaelT » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Good luck tomorrow folks! Lets end a good season on a good note!
MichaelT
hunter

Postby Gunpowder » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:31 pm

Busted ice this morning and fought major winds yesterday. Ice was kinda thick along the shorline for 50-100' but ducks were moving all day. It was worth the little effort. This is the weather we have been waiting for. Too bad it came on the last 3 days. I will be there in the morning again and hope everyone has a great day.
ice1.jpg
Gunpowder
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Joe Guide wrote:Seems like we had more divers along the coast during the January 2005 and January 2002 seasons, but this year has been quite exceptional. Check out the after season plans for the "N.C. Ducks memorial Skeet Shoot and Oyster Roast" posted on that web site. Don't know if ya'll every knew Mr. Bill Dunkin. He was a great fellow and gave away a lot of duck calls to wounded warriors and young duck hunters who didn't have a duck call.

"Bill Duncan" he was a good person.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby layoutchase » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Today was the best public water hunt ever in North Carolina, watched blackheads decoy for 2 hours in flocks from 4 to 400. Took 9 minutes for us to limit. Hope this season was as good for y'all as it was me. Put 219 birds in the boat in NC, 53 in NJ, 42 in MS, and 84 in North Dakota. I came in this morning, and my girlfriend said "Good. So we can get married now?" :help:
It's mine...and full off errors and lies. Check it out, though!
http://northcarolinaduckhunting.blogspot.com/
layoutchase
hunter

Postby Willie » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:13 pm

layoutchase wrote:Today was the best public water hunt ever in North Carolina, watched blackheads decoy for 2 hours in flocks from 4 to 400. Took 9 minutes for us to limit. Hope this season was as good for y'all as it was me. Put 219 birds in the boat in NC, 53 in NJ, 42 in MS, and 84 in North Dakota. I came in this morning, and my girlfriend said "Good. So we can get married now?" :help:

Get married? Hell you better go out for the conservation snow goose season and put that off long as ya can.
Willie
hunter

Postby wood duck commander » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:40 pm

4reel12 wrote:Post some pics of some birds from 2012-2013

How can you post pics on here?
wood duck commander
hunter

Postby wildwing » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Man you better come up with something quick otherwise down the isle you go. On the bright side if she is a keeper she will cook what you kill while you relax after the Hunt :grooving: . Anyway hope everyone else morning was better than mine. It was slow most of the day ended with 3 bluebills,1 Woodie, and 2 teal. Tried a new place I found virgin ground, never been hunted and now I know why. It was only bout an half hour walk in. Now it's time to relax and get ready for turkey season. On the bright side it's another season in the books with out taking a header in the water. That's always a win in my book. :yes:
wildwing
hunter

Re: last day of North Carolina's 2013 Waterfowl Season

Postby Joe Guide » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:56 am

Certainly was a exceptional year due to the early push of birds down from NJ due to that early hurricanne and once they got down to our coast...our winter was exceptionally warm and that certainly made it feel like living down on Texas' gulf coast, except not much redheads and pintail!

Please look at NC DUCKS WEBSITE for that special after season N.C. DUCKS.... "SKEET SHOOT & Oyster Roast" on SATURDAY AFTERNOON (1330 - 1700) on FEBRUARY 16th 2013 " and ....follow those registration guidelines on that website site... if you are interested in participating while there are still openings for skeet shooters to participate.

*** There are going to be prizes for the top three shooters, and N.C. Ducks is hosting two Wounded Warriors for this first ever- Mr. Bill Dunkin Memorial Skeet Shoot and Oyster Roast.

The GURKA Cigar Rep will be there, and a couple of other SPONSORS...and of course a Oyster Roast will be provided after the skeet shoot. It costs $40.00 per person to come and participate in this event which will be about 35 miles NW of Wilmington, N.C. at a private skeet/hunt club that is hosting this unique and special event.

Got to take some "NC Ducks Youth 15< Waterfowl Hunts" on FEB 2d and FEB 9th...should be exceptional to say the least!

Best regards to all those from North Carolina...and I hope most of ya'll got to take some Youth out Waterfowl hunting this season., and if not, I hope you make a greater effort to help some Youth get excited about Waterfowl hunting come next season.

Best Regards,

JOE GUIDE
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting