Duck Hunting Forum banner

Season pics

4K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  creekcaptain 
#1 ·
Post pics of your best morning during 2012 2013 season :beer:

#4 ·
Here's a few...decided to go all over the country this year and do some different things...

North Dakota, two gun limit on the last day. Gun froze and dog unit froze on the last shell ejection....

Got lucky in my first contest....

Two gun limit, buddy's first redhead...

New Jersey with friends...

Best limit of my life, but dedicated myself to picking out the drakes...

Attachments

#5 ·
Here's a few more...

The greenheads are from a hunt at my girlfriend's place in Mississippi...

The pair of blackheads fell to one shell...

The blackheads, wigeon, etc was the last day, 2 guns in short order. Best NC hunt ever...

Attachments

#9 ·
Love seeing these kill pics. There's just something about a pile of dead ducks. :clapping:

Looking back, I had a really good season. I've killed more birds in years past, but that becomes less and less important as the years wear on. I had some really fun hunts. Spent time with some friends, new and old. Got to squeeze in a couple amazing hunts with my father who is working out of the country now. Got to watch my lab, and best friend Maggie make some great retrieves. And got to see some amazing sunrises. Thanking the Lord for another amazing and safe season.

Here's some pics:

Early teal season

Opener of the October Season

Limit of woodducks on Thanksgiving morning

First diver hunt of the year. Got my first Canvasback!

#11 ·
Had an awesome swan hunt at the hunting club. My first swan as well.

Finished out strong!

Here's to a great season and many more to come! :beer:

#13 ·
TooTall: great pics. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite is the 26 birds (qty-?) cupping in on the decoys. That is a GREAT picture that captures that moment when the heart is racing and everything has come together.

Man, you did well re: multiple species. That's a great year right there.

Paul

#14 ·
Thanks guys,

Paul26, that picture was from one of the hunts with my Dad. We were hunting one of our go-to spots and the birds were in there thick. After we shot our limits we just sat there watching them decoy while we cooked breakfast. I grabbed the cell phone to try to get a pic of this group. They did it right. There's a couple on the water that lit before I snapped the picture. It was an incredible couple days.

#15 ·
layoutchase said:
Here's a few...decided to go all over the country this year and do some different things...

North Dakota, two gun limit on the last day. Gun froze and dog unit froze on the last shell ejection....

Got lucky in my first contest....

Two gun limit, buddy's first redhead...

New Jersey with friends...

Best limit of my life, but dedicated myself to picking out the drakes...
I noticed you were at my Uncle's place up in NJ. My last name hanging up there on the wall in one of your pictures.
I too have called in a few contests over the years. Small world.

#16 ·
It was a good/fun season. Not the most birds we have ever killed, but we did well and through the slow periods we still managed to grind out a few ducks. Now I am ready for fishing season to get here.

Attachments

#17 ·
Great pics had a great season too. killed some mallards and woodies.got my first bluewing! had better seasons in the past but I'm jest glad I could be a part of another season. Ready for 2013 2014 season :beer:

#18 ·
We had a good last day of the season. Ended with 2 swan tags getting filled (first swan for both of us), a hen and drake pintail (also first pintails for any of us), and 2 green winged teal. Not a ton in terms of quantity, but definitely a quality hunt and a memorable way to end the season. Did an afternoon hunt and got 4 woodies to finish things off.

Attachments

#21 ·
merganser murderer said:
here is a couple of my favorites duck norris didnt show ya...

killed more geese a couple days but we set out targeting certain species this day and got what we wanted

couple good duck hunts and one more cause i love the size of these geese

Good pics :thumbsup:
Had a small group of cackers swing by about 2 weeks ago and 4 payed the toll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.