NC hunting advice.

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

NC hunting advice.

Postby duckretriever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:20 am

Well, I didn't know where else to go and I found this forum so I figured I'd give it a try. By the way, I already like the site! Im orgionally from central Illinois and grew up on the river where hunting is a way of life. I joined the service and got stationed at Cherry Point, now I got out but still work here as a civilian. All i used to do was duck hunt but i haven't been in years since being here. I went this past season a few times wading in some marshes in Swansboro and killed some woodies and a few teal. This is a brand new type of hunting for me. I have no idea where to scout/go duck hunting at around here. I'm used to flooding fields with blinds or on the river. Need some advice on public grounds I could hunt on. I'm possible going to buy a duck boat soon if I can find some hunting ground. I also bought a lab puppy that I would like to take this upcoming season. I'm really just trying to get back into duck hunting because I absoolutely love it. Just kind of hard in a completely different state without knowing much of the local area. Can anyone help out a veteran? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Gents!
duckretriever
Newb

Re: NC hunting advice.

Postby merg » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:47 am

To me this is how to ask for some help. If I was anywhere near you or knew about the area I'd lend a hand to some degree.
merg
hunter

Postby swamplife90 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:52 am

Pm sent
swamplife90
hunter

Postby duckretriever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Sorry about some of the spelling, was in a hurry typing this at work. Thanks for the messages so far, every little bit helps!
duckretriever
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting