Private Beaver Pond Vrs. local impoundments vrs. the river

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Private Beaver Pond Vrs. local impoundments vrs. the river

Postby MallardMan035 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:19 pm

So my family owns a 47 acre piece of land and about 20 acres is nothing but beaver ponds its about a 2 minute walk on following the dam to the white oak river its a really good spot just not a variety of ducks theres lots of woodies man there everywhere but there are lots of mallards i managed to get a g-winged teal that decoyed has well. but i've looked into it and it seems there is a larger variety on some of the local impoundments so im just wondering what you guys think of the impoundments and im also wondering if anyone does any hunting on the White oak river we can get our boat to it im just wonderin what the rules of hunting it are and what kind of ducks you can kill so any help on any of my topics will help :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: THANKYOU :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
MallardMan035
Newb

Re: Private Beaver Pond Vrs. local impoundments vrs. the riv

Postby triplecurl » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 pm

I've caught my breath after reading your post. Seriously tho, PM your address and I will be glad to come check your place out during hunting season and see if there is any way to get a larger variety of ducks using your swamp. :thumbsup:
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby steve382003 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am

Mallardman

You have a PM

Steve
steve382003
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:16 am

Ditto what triplecurl said- please use some punctuation next time.
Impoundments will typically draw more variety of birds than a swamp simply because some species prefer more open water. Wigeon, pintails and teal are examples that typically like more open surroundings while woodies and mallards can be shot in a variety of settings.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:36 pm

The White Oak River produces good amounts of Widgeon. My guess is you can get Wood Ducks, Mallards, Gadwalls, Teal, Widgeon, and Hooded Mergansers :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting