Duck Hunting Forum banner

June 8th inshore fishing tourney

893 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Willie 
#1 ·
Bill Duncan Memorial inshore fishing tourney 2013

Time has come to start to open registration for this year's tournament.
I am posting this more for sponsorships and donations at this point, but will also accept all entry forms for all teams.

I think you can ask anyone who fished with us last year that we had a really good time, every boat caught fish, and everyone got to eat and drink as much as they could. We raised a nice sum of money for the fire department in Bills memory. Also, thanks to many of you for your generous donations most everyone left with some sort of prize.
I am asking any of you with items to donate to please contact me and let me know what you can give.. Sponsor info will follow. For now you can PM me with any questions..

Details for now..

When: June 8th, 5:45 am. Boat will be sent 5 at a time. Drawing for starting position will be at check in. You will be asked to show your coolers/live wells.
Where: blast off at Mayo's fish house ramp Hobucken NC
Time: 5:45 blast off - Weigh in between 2pm and 3pm ( you must be within site of the scales by 3pm or you are DQed)

Cost and payout:
$40 a person.. ( $10 goes to the food and drinks for that night $10 goes to the Goose Creek Island Fire Department in memory of Bill Duncan)
Pay for
Heaviest trout, ( 25% pay out )
Heaviest ( slot ) Red ( 25% pay out )
Heaviest Flounder ( 25% pay out )
Total weight of each species ( your largest flounder, your largest red, your largest trout combined ) ( 25% pay out and the Bill Duncan Memorial Trophy)
There will be separate prizes for the following-
Youth - Largest fish in any category caught and weighed in by a kid 15 and under will win a prize ( TBA )
Ladies- Largest Fish in any category will win a prize( TBA )

3 people max per boat

In the event of a tie of weight in any category longest fish wins.. if still tied.. coin flip will determine the winner..

You can have live bait.
You can have dead fish.

Saturday evening pig pickin and payout and raffles!
Cocktail hour from 3:30 - 5pm
We will provide pig, sides, and beer
Payout for tournament will be announced at 5:00 dinner will be served immediately afterwards..

In the spirit of Bill Duncan, this tournament is intended to be a fun time.. a time to enjoy each other's company while enjoying the outdoors.. and to top it off, to eat some pig!

More details to follow in the coming weeks.
Please RSVP to me as soon as you can..
I will send you a new entry form to fill out..

Thanks to everyone for their participation, and please spread the word!
You can find us on Facebook find us at Bill Duncan Memorial Inshore Fishing Tournament for more up to date prize information and information about the Touney.
Please PM or email me at billduncanfishingtourney@gmail.com and I will shoot you a tourney entry form.
Looking forward to June!

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.