Possible move to Pamlico County, NC

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Possible move to Pamlico County, NC

Postby Bowjoe » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:32 pm

Wife may take a new Job in the area and I hate to leave the Pa duck and geese but is there goose and duck hunting oppertunities near that area.. I have a full rig trailor so joining a group or individials would be a great thing,, Not set in stone but a possibility.. Not looking for your spot just looking to meet with join or find where to start down there.Thanks
I still have that new waterfowler smell !!!
Bowjoe
hunter

Re: Possible move to Pamlico County, NC

Postby Bloke » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:54 am

I guess you can tell by the crickets that there are not many people from that area that are willing to help. There are a bunch of private clubs that have most of the public water tied up. There is a blind law here and the blinds are strategically placed to make it difficult for someone who is not in a club to hunt. You really need permission to hunt someone's private land and that is very hard to obtain because there is not much left that is not hunted. Or you could join one of the clubs for anywhere from 15K to 100K a year. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but it is very hard and you will catch allot of flack. If you end up coming this way please send me a PM and would be glad to help you out as much as possible.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:33 am

Do a search for "safe hunter law " or "500 yd blind law" that the county has instated
Should be multiple threads on here about it and you can look up on the nc wildlife resource commission website and read county laws
There are some state game lands that you can hunt on but they are terribly overcrowded
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby Bowjoe » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks guys..
I still have that new waterfowler smell !!!
Bowjoe
hunter

Postby dixiehokie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:09 pm

PM sent
dixiehokie
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting