NC House Bill 186 - abolishing Duck Hunting on Lake Norman

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: NC House Bill 186 - abolishing Duck Hunting on Lake Norm

Postby lkndeltawaterfowl » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:23 am

Folks,

I wanted to pass along the latest update from Lake Norman Delta Waterfowl on this matter. As mentioned in my previous post we were successful in getting the verbiage changed on House Bill 186 to protect our hunting right on Lake Norman and were awaiting confirmation of the same on Senate Bill 142. After several phone and email communications, we have finally received feedback from Senator Tarte that a PCS is complete for S142 and will be introduced whenever they go to committee. This PCS will include the same verbiage as H186 referencing Chapters 75A and 113 of the General Statutes.

I will be keeping a very close eye on this to ensure that it gets in and promise that if for some reason it does not, we will continue to fight this battle.

Thanks again for all of your support and feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Your Lake Norman Delta Waterfowl Committee

http://www.lakenormandeltawaterfowl.org
http://www.facebook.com/lkndelta

Mini Logo.jpg
Mini Logo.jpg (49.54 KiB) Viewed 760 times
Sincerely,

Your Lake Norman Delta Waterfowl Committee

http://www.lakenormandeltawaterfowl.org
http://www.facebook.com/lkndelta
lkndeltawaterfowl
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:56 pm

Good to hear!!
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby Einstein » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 am

What ever happened with this thing?
Einstein says: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Check out my build:
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=465930
Einstein
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 pm

Was passed and is now law. here is the text:

GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF NORTH CAROLINA
SESSION 2013
SESSION LAW 2013-317
HOUSE BILL 186
*H186-v-7*
AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE TOWNS OF CORNELIUS, DAVIDSON, HUNTERSVILLE, MOORESVILLE, AND TROUTMAN TO ENFORCE MUNICIPAL NOISE ORDINANCES AND STATE STATUTES PERTAINING TO THEFT AND VANDALISM ON THE WATERS OF LAKE NORMAN.
The General Assembly of North Carolina enacts:
SECTION 1. If a municipality has adopted a noise ordinance pursuant to Chapter 160A of the General Statutes, it may enforce the noise ordinance, except boat engine noise, on the waters of Lake Norman. A municipality shall not enforce any municipal noise ordinance pursuant to this act if the noise ordinance conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 75A or Chapter 113 of the General Statutes or with regard to engine noise emanating from the routine underway operation of any motor vessel engaged in recreational activities on the waters of Lake Norman, except where such noise violates State law pertaining to noise from motor vessels.
SECTION 2. A municipality may enforce State law concerning theft or vandalism of or from vessels located in, or docked in or above, the waters of Lake Norman.
SECTION 3. This act applies to the Towns of Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Mooresville, and Troutman.
SECTION 4. This act becomes effective August 19, 2013, and applies to offenses occurring on after that date.
In the General Assembly read three times and ratified this the 23rd day of July, 2013.
s/ Louis M. Pate, Jr.
Deputy President Pro Tempore of the Senate
s/ Thom Tillis
Speaker of the House of Representatives
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:59 pm

Since they are going with enforcing a noise odinance, what does that mean for duck hunters?
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

KAhunter
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:11 pm

If the towns have a vague and open-ended definition of unreasonable noise, I would think they could prevent duck hunting if you sat out there and farted.

If the Towns' ordinances have a specified decibel level, and the hunters are far enough from homes, there may be some room.
With that said, if this was passed specifically because of ducks and guns, then I bet it is lights out.

Too bad. I have a nickel that this was caused by some poor judgement on some hunters parts, combined with ignorant homeowners who wouldn't know the difference between a 12 gauge and a 30-30 if they had one in each hand.

man, this REALLY sucks for guys who hunted there. I am sorry to hear of this.
Paul26
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:02 am

yeah the way i read it, it puts the power in the hands of the towns and that isnt good for hunting.

KAhunter
hunter

Postby tsmart » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:23 pm

Free Pillowcasr & Whompus Cat !
tsmart
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting