Fourth Generation Outfitters

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Fourth Generation Outfitters

Postby NCduckhunter092 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:14 pm

Me and a couple buddys went up to currituck on spring break and hunted some snows with this guy. We killed quite a few geese but the service was terrible. The guide acted like a 4 year old and was not appreciative at all. Even when we payed the man he didnt bother to thank us or anything. Has anybody else ever hunted with these guys and had the same experience?
NCduckhunter092
hunter

Re: Fourth Generation Outfitters

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:27 am

Grow up and start crying about it on a forum. You're bashing a guy who put you on birds, you should be thanking him not the other way around. He might've acted like a 4 year old to get down on your level.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:41 am

:lol:
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby NCduckhunter092 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:17 am

Just askin a question thats all. An yea your real grown up talkin junk over the internet you showed me :huh:
NCduckhunter092
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:21 am

NCduckhunter092 wrote:Just askin a question thats all. An yea your real grown up talkin junk over the internet you showed me :huh:

I .gu.ess I d.id but w.hats wr.ong wi.t u.r pu.nkuat.ion bo.y?
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:46 pm

"A couple of buddies and I"....not "me and a couple of buddies." :lol:

Thanks for the info, I may book with him next season. :thumbsup:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby cbrtrvr » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:49 pm

I agree with you ncduckhunter092. You are paying him he should thank you for your business. And everybody knows that the best advertising is word of mouth. And I dont blame you for asking if anyone had the same experience. Just checking to see if it was a one time thing or all the time. If you go back to Currituck contact Lewis Davis at coinjock marina.
cbrtrvr
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:05 pm

So it's okay to degrade a guy's business on a public internet forum because he didn't say thank you.

That looks just as dumb on screen as I thought it would. :huh:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:29 pm

Thats nothing I know some guys who went to Reelfoot Lake in Tenn. and said all the guides there talked about was "dicks". Everything was **** this and **** that, got so bad they began to think everyone there was a queer. They also said there wasn't a decent looking woman anywhere to be seen.
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Dingbatter wrote:Thats nothing I know some guys who went to Reelfoot Lake in Tenn. and said all the guides there talked about was "dicks". Everything was **** this and **** that, got so bad they began to think everyone there was a queer. They also said there wasn't a decent looking woman anywhere to be seen.

I don't think he wanted you to recomend a guide. Just talk about what he would call bad experiences. :lol3: :hammer:

Prison Is My Futre

sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:47 pm

Talk about a bad experience, you book a hunt in a town full of ugly women and men who only want to talk about "dicks"
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Have good they put you on the birds but have heard the service is terrible. Guides need to do the work but also interact with the hunters. That's what keeps people coming back.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby ducking&diving » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:38 am

never hunted with him, but have heard good and bad reports.
20' Jones Brothers Bateau
Ambusher Layout
Benelli
Beretta
ducking&diving
hunter

Postby Giant Killer » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:36 am

are you referring to Aaron?

also please elaborate more on "acting like a 4 yr. old"
Giant Killer
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Dingbatter wrote:Talk about a bad experience, you book a hunt in a town full of ugly women and men who only want to talk about "dicks"

Unless you are queer. :lol3:
ibedamn
hunter

Postby Dingbatter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:47 pm

ibedamn wrote:
Dingbatter wrote:Talk about a bad experience, you book a hunt in a town full of ugly women and men who only want to talk about "dicks"

Unless you are queer. :lol3:

From the impression I got the entire county was! :biggrin: Needless to say I don't think I want to go hunting with this crowd! :yes:
Dingbatter
hunter

Postby wampmagooder » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:46 am

Have good they put you on the birds but have heard the service is terrible. Guides need to do the work but also interact with the hunters. That's what keeps people coming back.

Agreed.......Most guides I've met have been horrible as hunters and with people interaction. Whether they put you on birds or not you're giving them business and they should at least be polite and courteous. After all, if they want their business to keep running(in a day and age where that kind of business is dying) they should do their best to please their clients. I had a couple experiences with guides when I was younger(before I became an experienced hunter). I went with a guy named captain kerry out of cedar island one time. He guided like 12 parties out of 2 boats in one morning and we were put in a crap spot, never checked on but once and that was just to transport us to another blind where we spent the second half of the day hunting with 2 other fowl mouths from kinston. He said that he would never dream of baiting like everyone else in the area, but his boat was filled with corn shells. Bad experience. But nothing will ever compare to the experience I had with high water mark adventures in bertie county. The guy's name is Tom Hughes and is by and far the worst guide that there has ever been(I wouldn't really call him a guide). We went with him to "attempt" to kill our first swans. We were set up on a big body of water and stood in cypress trees with 2 swan decoys that kept falling apart and 3 faded mallard decoys. Needless to say we never shot anything. The guide showed up late to meet us and was hungover and looked like he had been shooting up heroin. When we got there and saw the set up we knew we had been had. One time out of the whole day we had a lone drake widgeon come over about 30 yards and my buddy shot it and the guide screamed at him claiming that they only shot ducks decoying there. He told us he would do a make up hunt for free so we gave him the benefit of the doubt and went back. The next trip was worse than the 1st trip. Once again he was late, we did the same thing again. He was hungover again and drank while we were supposed to be hunting. He talked all day about the woman that he had had relations with the evening before. The only thing that was different was this time he asked us if we could bring our own decoys lol Then he tried to get us to go shoot a roost hole that he said the ducks came pouring into about 10 minutes after lst and told us we could shoot all we wanted too. Also tried to get us to shoot at swans with a rifle in the middle of a cornfield on the side of hwy 17. Told us we could shoot cormerants if we wanted too bc he said he had a permit with the ncwr to harvest them because they were causing such problems. Biggest idiot I've ever met. We were put in a messy unfurnished shed to sleep with no lights, no electricity, no hot water, no bath, and really nothing else other than bunk beds that had stains all over them. He also "claimed" to guide for bears, deer, and turkeys. I can only imagine what kind of adventures those would be. I've talked to several folks who have had experiences with him and all have been equally as bad or worse than mine. I personally see nothing wrong with bashing bad guides on the internet. Keep someone else from paying all that money on the fee, gas, and lodging expenses only to have a horrible experience. When your business is bad, it's just bad, plain and simple. We have enough people out to rob anyone and everyone that they can. Don't need any more.
wampmagooder
hunter

Postby layoutchase » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 am

The best guides I've ever hunted with in other states never advertised. They had no websites, no listings on craigslist, nothing. All word of mouth - almost secretive. All hunts were lights out.

The one time I used a guide that was advertised was on Chincoteague Island. The guy took my money, made me sign a waiver, directed me to a blind 1/2 across the marsh, and returned at 8:00pm. It was awful. The marsh pond he put me on was frozen solid, and the decoys in it were also frozen. He didn't care if I killed anything or not. I didn't either...I was ready to leave as soon as I got there but he didn't answer his phone when I called. As far as the Currituck Outfitter...I know other guides who use him, so he must be decent. But I've always heard that all outfits up there are pretty silly, but there's a lot of pressure to shoot birds day in and day out in a place that just ain't as great as people make it out to be...
It's mine...and full off errors and lies. Check it out, though!
http://northcarolinaduckhunting.blogspot.com/
layoutchase
hunter

Postby ibedamn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:12 pm

I've hunted with a lot of guides. For the most part they have all been good. But when I find a really good one I try to stick with them. I think repeat business and building a relationship goes a long way getting the best hunt possible. I always help put out or get
up decoys and try not blow good shots that they have worked hard to provide. Most people (including myself) will work harder for someone they like and respect. I also believe if a guides works real hard for you, (good hunt or bad hunt) a tip goes a long way expressing you appreciate the effort. Just my thoughts.
ibedamn
hunter

Postby inseaduck » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:51 am

you guys get on this form and barnicale and cry about how bad duckn in nc . try being a guide in nc. take a someone hunting on a 70 degree day in dec. a day u would never go duckn but you have to its your job! people pay a little money and think your going to run 100 ducks threw the decoys so they can shot 12? as a coastal guide in nc im hear to tell you its not a easy job. and layout there are a lot of bad guides up here, but there are a lot of good ones to.
inseaduck
hunter

Postby layoutchase » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:56 am

Hey Squirt - I ain't debating that or confirming it. Just spoke from my own experience. No way I'd take out sports anyway. Those 70 degree days are only good for practicing putting out the decoys...
It's mine...and full off errors and lies. Check it out, though!
http://northcarolinaduckhunting.blogspot.com/
layoutchase
hunter

Postby Doubleplay » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:17 pm

inseaduck wrote:you guys get on this form and barnicale and cry about how bad duckn in nc . try being a guide in nc. take a someone hunting on a 70 degree day in dec. a day u would never go duckn but you have to its your job! people pay a little money and think your going to run 100 ducks threw the decoys so they can shot 12? as a coastal guide in nc im hear to tell you its not a easy job. and layout there are a lot of bad guides up here, but there are a lot of good ones to.

Don't be a guide then! Who is forcing the guides to become guides? But if you become one at least be honest and respectful.
Doubleplay
hunter

Postby Bloke » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:40 am

Don't be a guide then! Who is forcing the guides to become guides? But if you become one at least be honest and respectful.[/quote]

:lol: Ain't it the truth. Get a job like the rest of us if it is so bad. Sounds like a commercial fisherman.
Make sure their toe nails are wet
Bloke
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting