Not again....Tillery lake level

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Not again....Tillery lake level

Postby stumpjumper » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:36 am

In the Stanly News and Press... Officals will be lowering the level of Tillery lake by 10 ft (at least ) starting on Sept 28 thru Oct 6. This will also cause Blewit Falls to decrease by the same amount. The Lake will be allowed to refill by rain and river flow only. In other words, no duck hunting on these bodies of water for awhile. :pissed: My question is why the HELL every year these *** holes screw with the lake levels in this area. :thumbsdown: What, the are tree huggers and don`t like duck hunting? Why not do this some other time of year. Yes I know there are less people on the lake at this time. Doesn`t matter to me. I wish DU or another org. could get these officals to agree to some kind of conservation agreement to help promote the duck pop. in this area. SUCKS FOR US AGAIN!!!!!!

STUMP :pissed:
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby smokinquacknc » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:27 pm

lowering the water level for a while isnt all bad for duck hunting, it will give all kinds of grasses and things a chance come up if there is any warm weather at all. then when they flood it again the ducks have plenty of food.
smokinquacknc
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:04 pm

Unfortunately not at the time they are going to pull it down. On top of that, from what I understand this is in an effort to control some of the underwater grasses and they will be spraying. Of course I live on HR so I'm used to some serious fluctuations in water :laughing:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Gopack » Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:44 pm

Wow, teacher's can afford lake houses up there. Dude, I'm sending my wife's resume in TODAY!!!! :mrgreen:
Gopack
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:06 am

Gopack wrote:Wow, teacher's can afford lake houses up there. Dude, I'm sending my wife's resume in TODAY!!!! :mrgreen:

My wife is a physical therapist :salude: I can tell you it ain't the teacher's salary :laughing:

Ducker
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Duck U 2 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:16 am

My wife does the same thing Ducker. It 's a good field of work IMO
-Duck
Duck U 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting