Turkeys anyone?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Turkeys anyone?

Postby DuckMauler » Fri May 17, 2013 12:27 am

Quite the opposite for the Lodge Creek Calls gang here in NC. I have a buddy that tagged out, his wife tagged out, and then his nephew tagged out all on the same farm. Mark killed 1, several other guys killed a bird, so it was a good spring for them

Sounds sporty :thumbsup: Glad somebody had a good season. It's always different from year to year for everyone. Last year I couldn't step in the woods without calling birds in. A lot of it has to do with the land you have to hunt though, and the land I have is far from awesome. I have small blocks to hunt and the birds are either there or they're not, and this year there were very few anywhere around the areas. There were tons of hens though.

Yeah i know a bunch of people who have killed birds. Its been a pretty good year for most of my buddies. Same thing goes for duck season. I have an idea or too on how we could adjust the duck season a little (within the same season parameters) but I dont see any reason that its totally wrong or any reason to go into february. Never gonna please everybody, just have to hope for the best.

I can live with duck season. But IMO turkey season is way off. I'm not a complainer, I love to hunt and regardless of how ridiculous I think this state is I'm the first one out there......but every year the thought of bringing in turkey season in march gets brought up and every year it's rejected. I'd be happy with a 1 day season in march where you could fill both tags, opposed to the 4 week season in late april early may. Just my own little humble thoughts. I pretty much dislike everything about the ncwrc at this point though. Look at sc, georgia and florida's seasons, and there are state north of us where the season comes in before ours. Makes no sense. :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Fri May 17, 2013 5:58 am

DuckMauler wrote:
Quite the opposite for the Lodge Creek Calls gang here in NC. I have a buddy that tagged out, his wife tagged out, and then his nephew tagged out all on the same farm. Mark killed 1, several other guys killed a bird, so it was a good spring for them

Sounds sporty :thumbsup: Glad somebody had a good season. It's always different from year to year for everyone. Last year I couldn't step in the woods without calling birds in. A lot of it has to do with the land you have to hunt though, and the land I have is far from awesome. I have small blocks to hunt and the birds are either there or they're not, and this year there were very few anywhere around the areas. There were tons of hens though.

Yeah i know a bunch of people who have killed birds. Its been a pretty good year for most of my buddies. Same thing goes for duck season. I have an idea or too on how we could adjust the duck season a little (within the same season parameters) but I dont see any reason that its totally wrong or any reason to go into february. Never gonna please everybody, just have to hope for the best.

I can live with duck season. But IMO turkey season is way off. I'm not a complainer, I love to hunt and regardless of how ridiculous I think this state is I'm the first one out there......but every year the thought of bringing in turkey season in march gets brought up and every year it's rejected. I'd be happy with a 1 day season in march where you could fill both tags, opposed to the 4 week season in late april early may. Just my own little humble thoughts. I pretty much dislike everything about the ncwrc at this point though. Look at sc, georgia and florida's seasons, and there are state north of us where the season comes in before ours. Makes no sense. :fingerhead: :fingerhead: :fingerhead:

No virginia's. it usually comes in after NC. VA is like NC's slightly retarded brother when it comes to wildlife resources commission. They are just a step behind everyone else. :fingerhead:
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Fri May 17, 2013 7:55 pm

DuckMauler, the birds loved my calling this year. Same scenario for me with the hens though.
mayhem96
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting