great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Postby pamlicopounder » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:33 pm

Pamlico point was more crowded than ever opening day. i would say more than thirty groups. saw the craziest day ive ever seen in there. there were birds but not now. sky blasting, shooting black ducks , shooting each other, and all kinds of crazy going on there. Bet teal season will be a permit hunt before to long. Last time i go there during teal season. Where did they all come from. saw 4 guys scouting the day before and over 100 people with guns in ponds on sat. Thanks Duck Dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:
pamlicopounder
hunter

Re: great big Fxxxng zoo!!!!!!

Postby fuzzytail » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:32 pm

They all just moved over to Mr Johnson's ponds and will not be harassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fuzzytail
hunter

Postby DEKE » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:34 pm

pamlicopounder wrote: Thanks Duck Dynasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Feel the same way bud....
God BLESS AND BE SAFE!
Black Ice on Broadway SH (ICE)
DEKE
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:57 am

that is crazy. sorry to hear that. Read that there weer 43 boats counted at the ramp. I have only hunted there once(didnt do anything, not right conditions) but i have buddies who went to state and have heard the stories and seen the pictures of the good ol days. Now its just a cluster f**k. I also hear that people hunting on the outside of the impoundment, set up on every point mind you, are making it tough to kill ducks on the inside as they shoot at anything within 100 yards. Sorry to say but public hunting is going to crap because of us hunters not because of lack of places to go.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby duk-cmdr » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:42 am

i have to wonder IF the permit system were not in place, or IF there were open days in there (like the days of old), would during the regular duck season it be as bad? we all spend alot of time complaining about the draw, but maybe it is doing a littlw good :huh:

OR, does teal season have all the hunters concentrated east of 17, and once we spread out across the state, we all dont feel the need to jump into PP
duk-cmdr
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:50 am

so im guessing my permit hunt at cambells creek on the 5th(anyone else have that date???) will be a big ol skyblasta-palooza, first time purchasing a draw for anything besides swan, and late season mattamuskeet.

im going to take my kayak and fish for reds and pass shoot in the creeks in the afternoon worst case scenario. lol.

question, i have another friend with a permit to join me at CC impoundment, but we would like to take a friend (Iraq vet) with us, i thinking my permit only covers myself? or are we allowed a 3rd person with us...LEGALLY. :huh:
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby saildavid » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:32 am

Last edited by saildavid on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
saildavid
Newb

Postby irishpride42 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am

saildavid wrote:Permit covers you and two guests.

:lol: It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

And yet we wonder what is wrong and why the place turned into a cluster......................mis-informed hunters are gonna ruin, what has already been partially ruined, for the rest of us.

Your permit covers YOU and YOU ONLY or your party if you put in as a party! If he didn't put in for the permit with you and get drawn he better not get caught in there.
Last edited by irishpride42 on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arise. Kill. Eat.
Acts 10:13
irishpride42
hunter

Postby duk-cmdr » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 pm

Irish is right....

unlike Mattamuskeet where the permit holder can bring along 2 guests...the permit you hold at CC is for you only. Now, you said you had a friend who also holds a permit for CC (so to me that sounds like you didnt apply together, as a party) you and the permit holding friend can still hunt together if you choose, so long as you both hold a permit in the same impoundment (CC1, or CC2)

under no circumstances can either of you bring any guest (or otherwise non permit holding individual)
duk-cmdr
hunter

Postby TooTall » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:32 pm

duk-cmdr wrote:under no circumstances can either of you bring any guest (or otherwise non permit holding individual)

My understanding is that you can bring a guest, however, they cannot participate in the hunt (ie: pack/put out decoys, call, retrieve birds, etc) They basically have to be an onlooker. Contact the local gamewarden to clarify before bringing a guest.
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby ducku » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I hunted there for the first time over 35 years ago. It sounds like things have not changed. That was my first and last trip there.
ducku
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:40 am

First post here. Long time lurker. I, too had the misfortune of hunting with every duck dynasty wannabes in ENC at PP this past Saturday. I scouted Friday morning. First ones there. Found a nice pocket of birds in #2. Decided to leave around midnight to beat the crowds to the spot. Got to the spot around 1:15. I was the first truck at the ramp and our group was the first group to the impoundments. Other groups started showing up between 2-3 and they kept coming...right up until 5:45. There was multiple groups of complete asshats who found it ncessary to run their boats ON PLANE through the ditches surrounding the impoundments and curse at us when we yelled at them to slow down. We had 2 groups within 80 yards on either side of us who sky busted at several flocks of teal coming into our hole. We left by 8:30, completely furious with the whole morning. Still managed to get 3 drake BWT. As we were leaving we were absolutely shocked at the # of boats at the impoundments. Counted 38 trucks at the boat ramps. Heard from several other groups at the ramp that a number of guys killed black ducks and one guy killed a drake pintail in #4. Absolute circus out there. Drove by CC on the way out and it was the same story. 30+ trucks and trailers.

I'm planning on scouting that area Friday but am not sure where. The sheer number of @****** out there really has me thinking if going back is even worth it. Maybe there will be less crowds but I'm not sure. One thing that didn't help the situation at all was all the idiots posting on the DU Migration map last week. If you see ducks, Keep.Your.Mouth.Shut and don't do the cyber scouters any favors. Rant over. If I do go out I'll be in a yellow Scout 20' boat. Was on my buddies camo boat last weekend.
MSparks909
hunter

Postby TooTall » Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:45 pm

MSparks909 wrote: Found a nice pocket of birds in #2. ... If you see ducks, Keep.Your.Mouth.Shut and don't do the cyber scouters any favors.

Umm... What?

A lot of boats have to get on plane to get through the ditches, especially at their mouths. Calm yourself.

If you hunt a public impoundment, expect crowds, with crowds come idiots. Especially on opening day for God's sake. I really don't understand the complaining. You all signed up for it.
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby Quack Wacker NC » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah we was there for about 30-45 mins, after listening to all the calling and watching the sky busting we went drum fishing, crazy at the amount of people for teal season
Quack Wacker NC
Forum Moderator

Postby MSparks909 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:52 pm

TooTall wrote:
MSparks909 wrote: Found a nice pocket of birds in #2. ... If you see ducks, Keep.Your.Mouth.Shut and don't do the cyber scouters any favors.

Umm... What?

A lot of boats have to get on plane to get through the ditches, especially at their mouths. Calm yourself.

If you hunt a public impoundment, expect crowds, with crowds come idiots. Especially on opening day for God's sake. I really don't understand the complaining. You all signed up for it.

When I was scouting LAST Friday I saw birds in #2. Didn't post about it on the DU map and didn't open my mouth. So I was not contributing to cyber scouting. And you don't have to run on plane through the ditches. They're plenty deep. We idled a 20' boat and 6 man crew through no problem. My comment was mainly in regards to the guys who were late getting there trying to "make up time" in order to set up 50 yards from the next guy. I know how public hunting is. Just never seen it that bad. Last year teal season was nothing compared to this past Saturday.
MSparks909
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:55 pm

MSparks909 wrote:First post here. Long time lurker. I, too had the misfortune of hunting with every duck dynasty wannabes in ENC at PP this past Saturday. I scouted Friday morning. First ones there. Found a nice pocket of birds in #2. Decided to leave around midnight to beat the crowds to the spot. Got to the spot around 1:15. I was the first truck at the ramp and our group was the first group to the impoundments. Other groups started showing up between 2-3 and they kept coming...right up until 5:45. There was multiple groups of complete asshats who found it ncessary to run their boats ON PLANE through the ditches surrounding the impoundments and curse at us when we yelled at them to slow down. We had 2 groups within 80 yards on either side of us who sky busted at several flocks of teal coming into our hole. We left by 8:30, completely furious with the whole morning. Still managed to get 3 drake BWT. As we were leaving we were absolutely shocked at the # of boats at the impoundments. Counted 38 trucks at the boat ramps. Heard from several other groups at the ramp that a number of guys killed black ducks and one guy killed a drake pintail in #4. Absolute circus out there. Drove by CC on the way out and it was the same story. 30+ trucks and trailers.

I'm planning on scouting that area Friday but am not sure where. The sheer number of @****** out there really has me thinking if going back is even worth it. Maybe there will be less crowds but I'm not sure. One thing that didn't help the situation at all was all the idiots posting on the DU Migration map last week. If you see ducks, Keep.Your.Mouth.Shut and don't do the cyber scouters any favors. Rant over. If I do go out I'll be in a yellow Scout 20' boat. Was on my buddies camo boat last weekend.

This is too funny (actually sad to what duck hunting has come to)
Sounds to me that you are as much as the problem that you are complaining about
1)getting to your spot at 1:15 when legally you aren't supposed to be in the impoundments before 4
2)yelling at boats to slow down that were going fast down the ditch
3)bringing a 6 man killing crew into the impoundment
4)admitting to following DU duck reports(but you didn't contribute to them)
5)plan on going duck hunting this weekend in a yellow boat

Maybe if we are lucky, next year the NCWRC will establish no wake zones to appease the whiners
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby MSparks909 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:18 pm

Jesus Christ...I didn't go in the impoundment until 4. Nothing wrong with sitting in the ditch before that. And you're right. Huge **** and whiner! Of course I'll go and look to see what others are posting. Is that not okay if you're a member of this forum? And why does my boat color matter when it's tied up in the ditch? Nice group of guys in here...

And the only reason I said anything about the people in the ditches was because I figured it would be a common courtesy to slow down as you pass other boats. Guess I'm definitely in the minority of this thought process.
MSparks909
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:42 pm

What is everyone complaining about? What do you expect for $5.00? :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Paul26 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:04 am

From dictionary.com: masochist: a person who is gratified by pain, degradation, etc., that is self-imposed or imposed by others.

I am no-kidding unhappy to hear that people are so rude to other hunters. it is no different in any other sport.

Why in the WORLD would one go to the most publicly recognized hunting spot in eastern NC on OPENING DAY and expect anything else?

I have my money on the guy who said nothing has changed in 35 years........we just didn't have chat!

With all that said: good luck!
Paul26
hunter

Postby ducku » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:57 am

Congratulations Msparks909 on your first post here. That is real nice of you guys to hammer him when he was only talking about his experience hunting at PP. If you guys are always looking to pick a fight or bully someone, then go to your local bar get drunk and have at it. It is not your job to be the Forum Police. Chill!!
ducku
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:03 am

I think the NCWRC should use a little common sense and restrict shotguns to single-shot and limit shells to one box per skybuster on all $5.00 footlong GL waterfowl hunts. :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:25 am

i hunted a state maintained swamp/impoundment last year in SC. it was a 1 box limit, and at the gate leading to the dam, where everyone parked, was a bulletin board with 2 lock boxes and a stack of cards preferated in the middle, took half of the card filled out hunting Liscence#, name, address, phone, and some other info and dropped in one of the locked boxe, took the other half of the card with me, after our hunt, i killed 3 ringnecks and 2 woodies, had to go back by the board, and the card i took with me i had to list how many shots fired, how many birds and some stuff, and sign it and drop it in the other mailbox. at the end of the road was a wildlife officer checking limits on your way out. (was still on state property gravel road)

and the hunt ened up being good, hardly any skyblasting and folks let ducks decoy upon harvesting. i will def. go back to hear those ringnecks roar through the sky.

wish there was more of this in nc.

i know public dove fields in SC do the same thing, must have eye protection, orange, and 50 shell limit.
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:59 am

I too, was in attendance opening day a PP. Got accused by mr. geenjeans for shooting a pintail when my group didn't even see one. Thanks to the guy in #4 on the war eagle boat for shooting it.........and getting me harassed by the man just because we were on a war eagle.... 38 boats at ramp, Scooter made a pretty penny
NCfowl
hunter

Postby Doubleplay » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:What is everyone complaining about? What do you expect for $5.00? :lol3:

Best post of the thread. :clapping:
Doubleplay
hunter

Postby duckhunter84 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:07 pm

thank goodness for places like pamlico point and campbells creek.. if not for them you idiots would be hunting my spots!

You can blame the internet, DU, Duck Commander, and sites like this one for all your problems... Duck hunting has become a fad.

I cant believe you come on here and rant and rave about these issues when right here is where they originate! How do you think all those people found those places??? :rolleyes: :fingerhead:
duckhunter84
Newb

Next

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting