Scouting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Scouting

Postby Maggieglide » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:46 pm

Hello out there. New to nc and haven't duck hunted in a long time. I was looking for tips on scouting. I have the Neuse river in Goldsboro and can be in the water in minutes. I know it probably isn't as good as going to the coast, but I want to try. Is morning mor evening better? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Maggieglide
Newb

Re: Scouting

Postby jcz » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:26 pm

I don't scout often..........

But when I do . I cyberscout.
jcz
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:00 am

HAHAHA @JCZ. just get in the boat early, and go ride bud. just put the hours on the boat and you'll be surprised what you see i personally enjoy taking a rod, hammer and some nails, and go fix up blinds on the lake and catch a few bass, you just gotta spend time in places you think 'looks ducky'...if you think like a duck, you might find a duck. but if there was any tip on scouting, i would wait another week or so and try to scout closer to opening day, because what you find today, most likely isnt going to be the same after we receive some colder weather and shorter days.
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby Maggieglide » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:41 pm

Thanks troutbum.
Maggieglide
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting