Jordan lake impoundments

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Jordan lake impoundments

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Had a few questions about B Everette Jordan lake impoundments. Are any type of motors allowed in the impoundments such as a trolling motor? can't find much info on NcWildlife about imp on there. Heard good things about Jordan duck hunting, anyone else hunted the timber there last year? Heard it was extremely muddy.
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Re: Jordan lake impoundments

Postby triplecurl » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:28 pm

You need to go check them out. A trolling motor would be a pain in ass in the impoundments IMO. You can wade them easily for the most part. Jordan Lake duck hunting is hit or miss (a lot of misses) just like most of the duck hunting in central NC.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:57 am

Triple curls, thanks for your input. I will check it out sometime next weekend , don't live but an hour away.
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:46 am

More hunters then ducks.. and "J.D.C's" I must say. Never going back :rolleyes:
NCfowl
hunter

Postby triplecurl » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm

I live about an hour from there as well. I've walked a couple of them in the summer when they don't have water. Have checked them with water several times as well, but yet I've never hunted them....

Just an FYI, check which ones they are flooding this year. They don't flood them all every year.
Last night, I dreamed that I killed all the saggers, all the swaggers, and all of their duckface girlfriends...

It was called: The Yolocaust.
triplecurl
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:36 pm

The past two years my buddies have killed lots of Wood Ducks and Teal but the big ducks are tough.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby comanche 1-1BRAVO » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:21 pm

Shot ya a pm il give you all the info im currently stationed out of the country so figured some one elts should get a chance at a few birds
comanche 1-1BRAVO
hunter

Postby hercdrvrwo » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:23 pm

I have hunted the lake quite a bit -- I am stationed down in Fayetteville. Its been fun from time to time! Just take a day after this early season and go check em out! I will go with ya if you want a partner. PM me if you're interested.

-Herc
"Fly it like you stole it!"
hercdrvrwo
hunter

Postby TXFowl » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:39 pm

I'm new to the forum and duck hunting in North Carolina, stationed down at Bragg as well. I've been hunting for about 25 years and waterfowling off and on during that span. I'm looking for a waterfowlin' partner, I've been having to go solo so fa this season since dove opened up. I have two retrievers and dekes. If you're interested in doing some scouting for the second part of the season and getting together for some hunting, let me know.
TXFowl
Newb

Postby hercdrvrwo » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:00 pm

TXFowl wrote:I'm new to the forum and duck hunting in North Carolina, stationed down at Bragg as well. I've been hunting for about 25 years and waterfowling off and on during that span. I'm looking for a waterfowlin' partner, I've been having to go solo so fa this season since dove opened up. I have two retrievers and dekes. If you're interested in doing some scouting for the second part of the season and getting together for some hunting, let me know.

PM'd ya brother!
"Fly it like you stole it!"
hercdrvrwo
hunter

Postby WBH » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 pm

More JDC's than birds on Jordan is an understatement! Threads like these only add to the chaos every year! I hear Harris is covered up with ducks...lol
WBH
hunter

Postby sneak boat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Let them get all worked up about hunting Jordan. They are in for big surprise when they only see one duck flying in the stratosphere with 80 dumb a#*es all shooting at them.
sneak boat
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting