Who got drawn?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Who got drawn?

Postby TooTall » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 pm

black_duck wrote:Got skeet and a swan. Do yall know when we figure out which blinds you have? I have been drawn before but I cant remember when I found out the blind assignment. I know that its not the morning of.

The refuge assigns blinds after they get the results from NCWRC. But this year you'll likely have to wait until after the govt shut down to find out the assignments though. They will be posted on the refuge's website, or you can call the refuge to find out.
Garrett Trentham
TooTall
hunter

Postby ducking&diving » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:55 pm

I believe you get blind assignment in the mail with the permit. but you are allowed to swap blinds if you are not satisfied with what you have and there are others open.
Springing Flying Fish are good practice in the off season
ducking&diving
hunter

Postby FowlPlay27403 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:43 pm

Drew Currituck NWR, Set Net Creek Blind for Dec 28th. Denied on Skeet and Futch. This will be my first year hunting Currituck NWR, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know Currituck is heavily dependent on wind, North wind pushes water out south wind pushes water in. Basically I am wondering what ducks I can expect to see out there during late December. Also any tips from guys that have been there before would be awesome. Thanks!
"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit" - Aldo Leopold

Bird Count for 2014:
5 Mallards
2 Wood Ducks
2 Pintail
6 GWT
1 Gaddy
1 Spoonie
1 Canadian
FowlPlay27403
hunter

Postby Redheadprostaff » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:45 am

Denied on Matt. On the upper hand I have decided to stop putting in on disappointing waterfowl hunts and start applying for deer hunts here in the piedmont. Got drawn for all but 1 I put in for!! Since we have all these new hunters due to the duckhunting is cool fad I will be taking a break from the sport with the exception of the private hunts I go on every year! Yall have fun with all the new yayhoos! Good luck gentlemen!
Grassy Island Crew
Duck hunting long before IT WAS THE COOL THING TO DO AND "THE DUCK COMMANDER" !!!
Redheadprostaff
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting