Matt. Draw

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Matt. Draw

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 am

I applied for a draw hunt along with my dad for Matt. And results came in today. My dad got drawn and I didn't, are guest allowed on the hunt?
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Re: Matt. Draw

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 am

If you seriously don't know the answer to your question then why did you even apply for the permit :huh:
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 am

A successful applicant is allowed to take 2 guests on their permit. The most recent episode of Duck Dynasty had all of the info on Mattamuskeet draw hunts. :hammer: :hi:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:15 pm

EastBound&Down wrote:If you seriously don't know the answer to your question then why did you even apply for the permit :huh:

You think I wasn't gonna apply for the Matt. Hunt because I wasn't sure how many people were permitted to go? :lol3:
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Flightcanxledfowl wrote:
EastBound&Down wrote:If you seriously don't know the answer to your question then why did you even apply for the permit :huh:

You think I wasn't gonna apply for the Matt. Hunt because I wasn't sure how many people were permitted to go? :lol3:

No
I'm just amazed that one of the most basic rules of the Matt hunt is that you apply as an individual and you can bring up to 2 guest and you applied to something that apparently didn't at least educate yourself a tab bit about before doing so
You might want to look at the kill reports/hunter success also before you get too worked up about the hunt :thumbsup:
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby Giant Killer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Do they publish kills/hunter success? I've been wanting to see that data for years. I know they have the kill sheet avail. at check-in...but just curious if they publish it otherwise.

EBD is right...you're about 1/3 of the way there. You've got the draw....now you just hope the days you picked are decent duck days....and then, hope that the blind you get it decent. I say blind, because it seems to me, you get a decent blind and a crappy blind for your 2 days.

Good luck regardless!
Giant Killer
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:03 pm

Exactly, that type question is either a way to just chat, or showing total ignorance of the process which is clearly defined in the rules you are supposed to read BEFORE you draw.

Can you bring a gun? Similar question.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby jcz » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:13 pm

Tell Pops Congrats on getting drawn. It is a hard hunt to get drawn for. He is allowed to bring two guests with him to the hunt. Each hunter has to pay $12.50 at check in. Be there on time. 4:30 if I remember correctly. If you are late the blind goes to stand by hunters. I have seen it happen. A guy and his buddies had a flat tire on the way. Showed up at 5:05. To late. Couldn't even sign up for a stand by draw.

Does he need a third person to tag along? :hi:
jcz
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:21 pm

All moot, government has shut down all hunting and all refuges. So no work going on with blinds, or anything else meaningful to us hunters. Amazing that 85% of the government is open and functioning during this "shutdown" yet our refuges, parks, and monuments are all shuttered by executive order.

And do not forget, there have been dozens of shutdowns in history, including 4 during Jimmy Carters rule, even though he had a democrat Senate and Democrat House. They did not shut down monuments then. :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting