Goose Creek/ James Johnson

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Goose Creek/ James Johnson

Postby wahoowilly » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:56 pm

Exactly. He is an arrogant a$$hat. Even his daughter says so.

Public waters are mine, and yours, and everybody else's. That's what our NC Constitution says. That law is in violation of the Constitution, and I've heard lawyers from the Attorney General's office say so. But they also say they will defend it if it's challenged in court, because it's their job to do so. They say if anybody has pockets deep enough, it can be beat.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby Splashin' Divers » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:26 pm

Jim aka Wahoowilly, I think we will have to agree to disagree! But if I owned the property that he does, you would think I was an arrogant *** as well. Actually I would be!
Splashin' Divers
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:38 pm

We had issues with our property in Louisiana the people who owned the adjoining property day leased theirs out and constantly had day leasers walking down the wrong Levi's and coming to some of our blinds. If the property is private you have to do what you have to to get what you can on your own property
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 pm

Is it just me, or are duck hunters becoming as big a bunch of asshats as deer hunters? Whining, bitching, complaining, nagging, petty gripes, jealousy. If you could post the water like deer hunters post property lines there would be a sign in every square foot of water in the state and it would be neighbor against neighbor, brother against brother, all over a stupid duck. :no:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Splashin' Divers wrote:Jim aka Wahoowilly, I think we will have to agree to disagree! But if I owned the property that he does, you would think I was an arrogant *** as well. Actually I would be!

Again, I don't want to so much as rub up against his land. I just want to be able to use the resource that the public trust doctrine guarantees in NC. Wouldn't bother me if we had to stay 50 feet off of the shoreline, but 500 yards is greedy.

I know men who own much more land than he does, and they are perfect gentlemen. In fact, I knew the man he bought much of his GCI land from, and he was just that. When he owned it, his people actually invited guys to hunt the shoreline, as long as they stayed away from the areas around the impoundments.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby wahoowilly » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Dingbatter 2 wrote:Is it just me, or are duck hunters becoming as big a bunch of asshats as deer hunters? Whining, bitching, complaining, nagging, petty gripes, jealousy. If you could post the water like deer hunters post property lines there would be a sign in every square foot of water in the state and it would be neighbor against neighbor, brother against brother, all over a stupid duck. :no:

Duck hunters have long been that. And in Pamlico/Carteret Counties they do post water...with bull$h!t false blinds that nobody will ever hunt.
wahoowilly
hunter

Postby Onwaterillbe » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Willie
Asshat is my favorite curse word. Congratulations to you sir for your eloquent use of the word in your post. Very funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Onwaterillbe
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Wahoo Willy, damn fine post.
Splashing Diver - it is so sad to see that a person like you cannot see how the rights of every North Carolina citizen is stolen by the likes of Pamlico county land owners and the 500 yard rule. It is not right, not constitutional and will be changed.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby Willie » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:32 pm

Onwaterillbe wrote:Willie
Asshat is my favorite curse word. Congratulations to you sir for your eloquent use of the word in your post. Very funny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

:yes: :beer:
Willie
hunter

Postby Splashin' Divers » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:26 am

If the 500 yard rule is changed... It will not be worth coming to Pamlico County to hunt! If you think Pamlico Point is a zoo now, wait and see what happens! It will be Pamlico Point all over the county! But I dont see it being changed by you out-a-towners! Us locals like it the way it is! And our representatives support it as well! Good Luck!
Splashin' Divers
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting