Suggs Mill imp. 1 & 5

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Suggs Mill imp. 1 & 5

Postby Flightcanxledfowl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Ive heard terrible things about suggs mill but i got picked to go on opening day in november and later in november. It says for location SMP 1 & 5, does that mean i get to pick which one i go to? If you have been there or have any info on it please shoot me a PM. I have heard about its deadly deep ditches in the impoundments and that there are slim to no birds (not all the time) but i would be willing to give it a try. Let me know any of you guys experience there and what to expect.
Flightcanxledfowl
hunter

Re: Suggs Mill imp. 1 & 5

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:32 am

Impoundment 5 simply sucks. Impoundment 1 is a little better. There have been reports of a duck flying over Number 1 in the past few years but it may have been a crow. :lol3:

If you are local it may be worth hunting if you have nowhere else to go, but in my opinion if you have to travel any distance or spend the night it just isn't worth the effort. Occasionally someone will have a decent hunt but it is a rarity these days.
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting