remington 887/new guy

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

remington 887/new guy

Postby Junior Duck Commander » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:09 pm

hey everyone,
first off i would like to introduce myself. I have been duck hunting for about 11 years now. grew up hunting swamps for wood ducks and now mainly hunt the coast. currently i am a student at ECU.

Now my question. I have an remington 887 nitro mag. i have found that when I shoot the pump action releases and it ejects the shell even when i do not pump it myself. this could be from the force of the recoil (i usually shoot 3 1/2"). the problem is that when it pumps by itself and ejects the shell it messes me up. anyone else have this problem with a remington 887.

Thanks
Junior Duck Commander
hunter

Re: remington 887/new guy

Postby stealfeathers » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Welcome!!

Never shot the 887, I know a guy who bought one and had to send it in to remington a couple times. Can't remember for what reason though. Good luck with the gun.
stealfeathers
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:26 pm

Welcome. Sounds like your gun is doing half the work for you already.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby britlab64 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:17 am

First Welcome. Second I do not personally own one of these BUT I have helped send 3 back to Remington for the exact problem. Remington Knows there is a problem and will fix it for you. First of all you need to call the Warranty / Repair department . They will not tell you much on the phone other than they need to have gun in for repairs. They will tell you how to handle it from there. I would do it as soon as possible if you want it back in time for second split. Good Luck .
britlab64
hunter

Postby Junior Duck Commander » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:48 am

britlab64 wrote:First Welcome. Second I do not personally own one of these BUT I have helped send 3 back to Remington for the exact problem. Remington Knows there is a problem and will fix it for you. First of all you need to call the Warranty / Repair department . They will not tell you much on the phone other than they need to have gun in for repairs. They will tell you how to handle it from there. I would do it as soon as possible if you want it back in time for second split. Good Luck .

thank you for the response, i knew something funny was going on. I guess thats what i get for not buying an 870. will call them today, hopefully will have it by the next season.
Junior Duck Commander
hunter

Postby drakemed323 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:58 am

I do own one and bought it right after they first came out. I have never had that problem however I have had 2 issues.

1. my sight kept falling off and remington sent me replacements but i finally went with an aftermarket sight to fix the problem. and it works great.

2. mine has had issues when pumping the assembly wont lock into the breech and i have found that if the gun is clean it doesnt do it so i keep it clean and oiled usually during season thats like once a week.

remington really is good at fixing the problems if you call them.
drakemed323
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting