opinions on dakota decoys

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

opinions on dakota decoys

Postby matt bratton » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 pm

i have always been a ghg man my self but these new dd flocked mallards just look awsome. we are lookin to pick up some full bodies before our anual trip to arkansas. any thoughts of these decoys? they are expensive but man do they look good
hayes calls
lifetime decoys
matt bratton
hunter

Re: opinions on dakota decoys

Postby jm2hayes » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:58 pm

Just got back from a hunt in south dakota. The guide had the flocked dakota mallards. They are the best i've seen. The ride good in the water too. Not cheap though.
jm2hayes
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:25 am

You get what you pay for
NCfowl
hunter

Postby chrmaxwell » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:31 pm

Best decoys on the market. The price is a bit much, but the fowl love them. I have had 24 of their goose decoys and they are rock solid. No soft approach with them either and they still look like brand new. I am a dakota decoy guy. I think the ghg full bodies look better, but the dakota floater malllards, pintails and geese as well as the full body geese are the best. The lessers are ok, I am not a fan of those. You can get good deals for them all at Rogers sporting goods or ebay.
chrmaxwell
hunter

Postby dakotadecoystaff » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Matt the Dakota Decoys are the most realistic and durable on the market! Im staff with Dakota and have been using them for years they wouldn't be in my spread if they wern't the best. If you have any questions about them give me a holler and I'll help with whatever I can!
dakotadecoystaff
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting