Taxidermy

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Taxidermy

Postby DrakeSlayer09 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:33 pm

Hey all took the wife out and she got her first bird today was wondering if anyone had a favorite taxidermist thanks
Zach

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
DrakeSlayer09
hunter

Re: Taxidermy

Postby NCtroutbum » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm

Dustins taxidermy in the charlotte area, a good friend of mine with an amazing turn around, im acually picking up a coot(yes, a coot aaahaha) and a woody from him today. here are a few pictures of his work, some pictures are still in their final stages of mounting.
Attachments
woody.jpg
mallards triple.png
gw teal.jpg
coot.jpg
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby Metalman » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:18 pm

DS,
What part of the state are you located?
Around the Charlotte area, I'd recommend Drew Cornelison :thumbsup: or Eric Perry :thumbsup: .
Around the Rolly area, I'd recommend Neil Pate :thumbsup: .
Around the New Bern area, I'd recommend Page Nethercutt :thumbsup: .

Good luck...
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Postby decoycarver0205 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

I will second eric perry and page nethercutt. I will add mark benfield. Dont skimp on a mount and try to get out cheap just for the sake of saving some money. While its understandable to do so, you get what you pay for. I went the cheap route for along time, and years later i look at some of my mounts and wish i had someone else do them. Dont make the same mistake
decoycarver0205
hunter

Postby Mohouse » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Mark Marshall is located in Northeastern NC and he does quality work. 252-453-3691 is his home number. Not sure where yer located but he's worth the money in IMO. I don't think he advertises and has all the work he can handle. Good luck with yer mount.
Mohouse
hunter

Postby merganser murderer » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:13 pm

I have been using Brandon Gilmore. These are the last 3 mounts I got back from him. He does good work. He works 5 minutes from Jordan Lake. Look him up on Facebook at Wildfowler Taxidermy or private message me for his number.

merganser murderer
hunter

Postby snc1100 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:42 pm

Gary Vaughn with hunters haven in Scott's hill did an awesome job on a pair of mallards for me a few years back. Check out his site. Tons of pics. What species is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
snc1100
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:06 pm

snc1100 wrote:Gary Vaughn with hunters haven in Scott's hill did an awesome job on a pair of mallards for me a few years back. Check out his site. Tons of pics. What species is it?

I know Gery he's a great guy helped me out quite a bit when I first got here and he does great work with just about any thing he touches
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby NCtroutbum » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 am

that shotgun mount is really neat, props.
NCtroutbum
hunter

Postby E5B » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:26 am

NCtroutbum wrote:that shotgun mount is really neat, props.

I second that and might have to high jack that idea as I have a few relics laying around.
E5B
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:46 am

merganser murderer wrote:I have been using Brandon Gilmore. These are the last 3 mounts I got back from him. He does good work. He works 5 minutes from Jordan Lake. Look him up on Facebook at Wildfowler Taxidermy or private message me for his number.

Dude love the mount in front of the gun.. is that actually mounted to the gun? I have an old damascus steel double barrel that is only good for such a project. any other pics?
lbhansford
hunter

Postby merganser murderer » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:03 am

lbhansford wrote:
merganser murderer wrote:I have been using Brandon Gilmore. These are the last 3 mounts I got back from him. He does good work. He works 5 minutes from Jordan Lake. Look him up on Facebook at Wildfowler Taxidermy or private message me for his number.

Dude love the mount in front of the gun.. is that actually mounted to the gun? I have an old damascus steel double barrel that is only good for such a project. any other pics?

yes he has a way of attaching the birds to the gun without ruining the gun, if you would like to talk to him about it i can give you his number. do you want more pics of that mount of more pics of some of his work?
merganser murderer
hunter

Postby DrakeSlayer09 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:29 pm

Located in eastern nc (Jacksonville) but if the work is good and price is right I'll take it wherever

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
DrakeSlayer09
hunter

Postby snc1100 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 pm

ImageImageImage
Here's a few of those mallards Gary did for me. His prices are competitive but as the saying goes you definitely get what you pay for. With that being said I know with his work you won't be disappointed. Being as you're in Jacksonville he's just 20 or 30 minutes down the road from you. Check him out.

snc1100
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:14 am

I use either Gary or this one...

http://avianarts.com/site/index.html
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby m.teeter » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:47 pm

Eric Perry for sure. Only guy ill ever take another duck to. If you need some contact info for Eric feel free to pm me.
m.teeter
hunter

Postby lbhansford » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:01 pm

ive got a guy local that does the most beautiful work i have ever seen and that is side by side comparison to my Hoodie that birdman studios did for me. I have an old gun that is no good, think it will have to go behind the Bull Can i got in North dakota this year. thanks for the idea MM
lbhansford
hunter

Postby PDCootShooter » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Another vote for Eric. Couldn't be happier with the past 4 he has done for me.
PDCootShooter
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 am

Dustins taxidermy in the charlotte area, a good friend of mine with an amazing turn around, im acually picking up a coot(yes, a coot aaahaha) and a woody from him today. here are a few pictures of his work, some pictures are still in their final stages of mounting.Attachments

Love the Ivory-Billed Teal Mount :thumbsup:
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby grim reaper » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:24 pm

snc1100 wrote:ImageImageImage
Here's a few of those mallards Gary did for me. His prices are competitive but as the saying goes you definitely get what you pay for. With that being said I know with his work you won't be disappointed. Being as you're in Jacksonville he's just 20 or 30 minutes down the road from you. Check him out.

seriously? i hope by his prices u mean the cost of the form and thats all
grim reaper
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:23 pm

grim reaper wrote:

What are you talking about? Gery does great work and costs about the same as others in the state
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby snc1100 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:23 pm

Duck Nasty wrote:
grim reaper wrote:

What are you talking about? Gery does great work and costs about the same as others in the state

im nothing but pleased with the job he did on my birds
snc1100
hunter

Postby tylerparker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 am

Another vote for Eric Perry. I met Eric when he bought my boat and he mounted a redhead for me I had in the freezer. Needless to say, he will have all of my work from here on out.

tylerparker
hunter

Postby foxgtr20 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:27 am

suprised no one has mention James Parrish with new life taxdermy in Garner. he did a couple for me an they turned out great
foxgtr20
hunter

Postby DEKE » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:43 am

redhead.jpg
James Parrish does great work .....
Eric Norris does awesome work as well ...
ringer.jpg

sponny.jpg
God BLESS AND BE SAFE!
Black Ice on Broadway SH (ICE)
DEKE
hunter

Next

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting