Roanoke rapids

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Roanoke rapids

Postby diverfreak80w3 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Hey guys,
Im not looking for any duck reports or honeyholes, believe me I know where and how to kill ducks on this lake. Just wondering if anyone has been there in the past week or so. Heard some rumors that all the boat ramps were dry. Im planning on going up this Fri with my brother n his 7yr old son. Its over two hours drive and I'd hate to get there n not n able to even unload the boat. I could see how maybe ramp ay Thelma rd or across from there could be dry but not the 5th street ramp. Any info will b greatly appreciated.
diverfreak80w3
Newb

Re: Roanoke rapids

Postby CountryRN » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:22 pm

Water level fluctuating a lot lately. Ramp @5th not dry but caution in the stump beds. If you are not familiar with the lake, and even if you are, you can trash a prop or lower unit out there very quickly. good luck.
I live close enough to hear people shooting in the mornings out there. Not much of that going on lately.
ImageCyberscouting Image
CountryRN
hunter

Re: Roanoke rapids

Postby diverfreak80w3 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:49 am

Thanks for the info, I just want to be able to put the boat in. I know where all the bad spots are, but you're right you can never be too careful out there. That lake will definitely chew you up and spit u out. Ive seen whole decoy Spread be swept away and also had the water drop on the upper end and they all b sitting on dry ground. Its crazy, ive never hunted any place like it...and the hydrilla, can u say thick. My brother got stuck on a mat out there, n when those mats break loose they take out anything in their way. Thanks again for the info
diverfreak80w3
Newb

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting