Slob Hunter - Goose Creek Game Lands 11/30/13

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Slob Hunter - Goose Creek Game Lands 11/30/13

Postby NCWingBone » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Pardon my rant ethical NC duck hunters!
This post is for the a$$hole who used the bed of my truck for your trash can on 11/30/2013 at Goose Creek Game Lands. Two things - 1st: actions such as throwing away (littering) your used disposable hand warmers in someone's truck bed is not only disrespectful as a hunter and citizen, but surely instills more of the ill will we see on this board. And 2nd: if you're that much of a panzy you need chemical hand warmers on a mild day like today, perhaps you should take up a more sedate hobby like crochet or knitting!

Tom
Pissed about slob hunters and slobs in general!
NC Hunter Education Instructor since 1990....1600+ safe hunters certified!!
Take your kid hunting and you won't have to hunt your kid!
NCWingBone
hunter

Re: Slob Hunter - Goose Creek Game Lands 11/30/13

Postby jcz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:56 pm

Heck with the trash. How was the hunt?

I was supposed to hunt smith creek Thanksgiving morning. Flat tire, rounded off lug nuts, and a broken lug wrench later we didn't make it. Thankful that the flat tire was in the driveway so we didn't have to deal with all that on the side of the road.
jcz
hunter

Postby NCWingBone » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 pm

jcz wrote:Heck with the trash. How was the hunt?

I was supposed to hunt smith creek Thanksgiving morning. Flat tire, rounded off lug nuts, and a broken lug wrench later we didn't make it. Thankful that the flat tire was in the driveway so we didn't have to deal with all that on the side of the road.

Sorry about your flat - I've been bitten by the mechanical bug before! The hunting was pretty good, a mixed bag of Gadwall, BaldPate, and a single Black Duck. A good experience with my son and best friend!

Tom
NC Hunter Education Instructor since 1990....1600+ safe hunters certified!!
Take your kid hunting and you won't have to hunt your kid!
NCWingBone
hunter

Postby jcz » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Nice. We fought that dang tire for two hours before giving up. Buddy called AAA later in the day and they couldn't get the lug nuts loose. Ended up having it towed.
jcz
hunter

Postby Duck Nasty » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:25 pm

I hate lazy people like that. From what I have seen is large amounts of trash on all these public lands that I end up taking out I hate to see a resource like this get destroyed by people too lazy to take their own cups empty boxes and spent shells thinking that it's ok to do stuff like that.
At least you got on some birds. Congrats on the successful hunt
Duck Nasty
hunter

Postby sneak boat » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 pm

That's pretty piss poor! Sounds like the degenerate maybe had some issues with you because you had a good shoot, seen it before . You did some work and picked the right blind and he, she ,more likely It was pissed because they had a couple of coots and a ruddy duck. Nice bag and good work.
sneak boat
hunter

Postby stealfeathers » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:11 pm

My 5 dollar hunt on thanksgiving day!!!

Sneak, I will get ahold of you soon. I have been very busy with the move and hunting when I can.
stealfeathers
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting