How long do you give a spot?

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

How long do you give a spot?

Postby RaleighRiffRaff » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 pm

One of my favorite things about duck hunting is trying to uncover a new spot on public land that everyone else has overlooked. I found one before season this year that has been producing through the first two splits. Today, I went and scouted a new spot. It looked solid and so I went ahead and hunted it for the last hour before sunset. No ducks.

My question is when your working on a new spot how many hunts do you give it or what is the point where you dont waste your time anymore. I plan to at least hunt this spot of the morning, but find it hard to walk away when you get your mind set that this ought to be a good spot.
RaleighRiffRaff
hunter

Re: How long do you give a spot?

Postby berettaarms92 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:19 am

I will normally hunt a spot like that for the rest of the season. I have a rotation that I will put it in and try hunting it in different weather conditions and occasionally in the afternoon. After a season of not producing I will probably only go back once or twice during the next season to see if anything had changed.

Hope this helps.
Jacob

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
berettaarms92
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting