Pintails

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Pintails

Postby blakduck » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:45 pm

I'll take North Dakota for a week for $1,500 and you can keep your fancy duck clubs in North Carolina!!!! :beer: :beer:
blakduck
hunter

Re: Pintails

Postby HydeMarsh » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:07 am

the problem for me is that a week is not enough no matter where it is. North Dakota is fine and I like hunting there and in South Dakota as well. Birds do not have very good plumage. Texas is also great. Lot's and i do mean lot's of red heads. Plenty of wigeon, BW teal, pintails, mallards and all in nature's finest. Priced like ND. If you are brave and have connections you can cross the border and hunt till the end of February.

North Carolina's clubs can be expensive but you can find ones that are not priced like Wild Wings. I do not know anything about the place and have never hunted there. it was my impression that you bought an equity stake in the place but i could be wrong.

North Carolina's sounds and rivers have a lot of birds if you do your work and have the flexibility to hunt weather events. if you already own an old boat that works, it can be priced for the unemployed.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting