Latest boat build...

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Latest boat build...

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:04 pm

Haven't posted any pictures of boat builds in a while but figured I'd share this yet to be named model. This particular boat is for a gentleman out of MT. He's going to be running a MB 23 mini. Boat is right at 15' in total length. I still have to install the grass rails, spray liner on the decks, finish the glass work and install the keels.

Full emergency floatation, spray in liner, quality switch panel with all marine tinned wire, will have a grab bar, two 12v aux outlets, LED interior lights throughout cockpit and compartments, 1200 gph bilge, UHMW keel strips.

LED light bar recessed into the front deck.

Gun racks and push pole holders built in the knees.

Rear hunt deck.

Interior of rear running seat will house the battery and also has false floor to let water pass through to the bilge area.

Looking from the stern forward.

Brad
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Re: Latest boat build...

Postby snc1100 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:50 pm

boat looks great. im working on a 14'7'' thats very similar and about at the same stage. are you going to glass the entire boat exterior? i used heavy mat on the transome but was just going to put an epoxy coat on the whole boat with no glass. bad idea?
snc1100
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:07 pm

snc1100 wrote:boat looks great. im working on a 14'7'' thats very similar and about at the same stage. are you going to glass the entire boat exterior? i used heavy mat on the transome but was just going to put an epoxy coat on the whole boat with no glass. bad idea?

Thanks snc. Yes to glassing the exterior. I would definitely recommend glassing the entire exterior of the boat. You can get by with 6oz glass and it will hold up just fine.

Brad
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ncbufflehead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:45 pm

Nice boat
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby acannon » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:15 pm

Nice build. I built one similar to her once but I only put glass tape on the chines and all the corners. The rest I just saturated in resin and then painted. I'm seriously thinking about building one this coming summer. I'll probably glass the entire hull this time so she'll hold up a little better. Looks good though. Keep up the good work.
acannon
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:28 am

ncbufflehead wrote:Nice boat

acannon wrote:Nice build. I built one similar to her once but I only put glass tape on the chines and all the corners. The rest I just saturated in resin and then painted. I'm seriously thinking about building one this coming summer. I'll probably glass the entire hull this time so she'll hold up a little better. Looks good though. Keep up the good work.

Thank you both. A well glassed boat will last a lifetime if properly cared for.

Brad
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting