OBX Public Hunting

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

OBX Public Hunting

Postby Ekern » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Hi. I am in no way cyber scouting and will probably never in my life do this hunt unless with a guide service but I'm just curious. What are restrictions to hunting on the the sound in the Outer Banks. I have heard that it is pretty restrictive and not public hunt friendly. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas.
Ekern
hunter

Re: OBX Public Hunting

Postby NCfowl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Dont do it unless you wont to be sitting on flats and a torched hitch. Locals are serious about their birds
NCfowl
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:25 pm

What part of OBX?
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Ekern » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:30 am

My interest sparked this year after leaving Oregon inlet to fish and seeing about 200 blinds on the water. If I ever were to do this I would most likely go with a guide service and most likely stick to the areas from Kitty Hawk north to Corolla. I have been visiting the Outer Banks for the last 30 years and believe that it is one of the nicest places I have ever been. Just looking to expand on my experiences in that area of the country.
Ekern
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting