A first for me...

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

A first for me...

Postby NCSUDucker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:22 am

Had a buddy hit me up with, "We've got mallards feeding in a field!" Monday evening. Now I've shot many out of a field in NoDak but definitely a first for here.

Had quite a few birds before legal. One nice group right at legal where I forgot to switch the camera on, but all in all made for a fun hunt. Especially considering the lack of birds on the local lakes.

Ended the morning with 8 mallards. Should have probably had dozen or so, had one group that we pulled a one more pass on, but that's life.

We were able to hide four layouts very well down in the bottom.

The take...

Anyway, thought I would share. Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year!

Brad
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Re: A first for me...

Postby eisenhauer01 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:49 pm

That is awesome! Cool experience for around here I am sure. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year bud
eisenhauer01
hunter

Postby hrlduckman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:44 pm

hey ncsuducker...this wouldnt happen to be near good ole high rock would it :)...bc that barn looks pretty familiar
hrlduckman
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:08 pm

hrlduckman wrote:hey ncsuducker...this wouldnt happen to be near good ole high rock would it :)...bc that barn looks pretty familiar

Well..... Looks like I'm heading toward High Rock. Anyone PM me if you want to ride along, we can split the gas.
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby NCSUDucker » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:33 pm

hrlduckman wrote:hey ncsuducker...this wouldnt happen to be near good ole high rock would it :)...bc that barn looks pretty familiar

No secrets here, private property off of Stokes Ferry headed towards Gold Hill probably 2 miles or maybe a touch more as the crow flies to the lake.

sampsonhuntin wrote:

Well..... Looks like I'm heading toward High Rock. Anyone PM me if you want to ride along, we can split the gas.

C'mon if you can get access to some of these ponds around here they are holding birds, otherwise the lake, not so much. Couldn't be 6 days of hunting from before legal to well after.
A good friend will bail you out of jail...A TRUE friend will say, "Damn that was fun!"
NCSUDucker
Forum & State Moderator

Postby cumminsandwaterfowl » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:41 pm

sampsonhuntin wrote:

Im sure you've probably already done this trip seeing it was this morning. But id be up for going if you want. PM me.
cumminsandwaterfowl
hunter

Postby sampsonhuntin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:47 pm

I was kidding guys. Damn cyberscouters. :lol3:
Underradar wrote:If you are gonna be a duckhunting badass, you need that barrel sticker that reads:

Prison Is My Futre

copterdoc wrote:trim, for grinding.
sampsonhuntin
hunter

Postby hrlduckman » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:51 pm

Yea that is what I figured...lake is holding a few birds...great hunt congrats on the field hunt and good luck the rest of the season
hrlduckman
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting