Buffalo creek

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Buffalo creek

Postby BigFurn91 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:49 pm

Hey guys I first want to preface this by saying I AM NOT A CYPERSCOUTER! Ive got fed up with the jordan lake thing and have finally found a couple holes with ducks in them on buffalo creek in wendell. I just need to know if this spot is legal to hunt! there are no posted signs, but its not game lands either, there is just a bridge that crosses the creek is it legal for me to pull over on the side of the road and paddle in there with the canoe? :huh:
Thanks for all the help guys,
BigFurn91
Newb

Re: Buffalo creek

Postby sneak boat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:32 am

Call your local Game Warden, its the only way to be completely sure. Your spot is no longer a secret, so don't be surprised when you go there to have a bunch of jack legs in your spot.
sneak boat
hunter

Postby jcz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:42 am

You may be a little to descriptive. If it was secret it isn't anymore.
jcz
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:26 am

No
Buffalo Creek (as in most small creeks in NC) is not classified as a navigable water way and you will be tresspassing every time your foot, paddle, etc touches ground.
There are no state owned game lands in the area and the properties are privately owned and most likely alot of the properties are owned to the centerline of the creek.
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby zman115 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:05 pm

Yea I wouldnt try the Buffalo Creek idea. I know several people that hunt along or in swamps on that creek from wendell to selma some of which have paid leases. But thats your battle. :no:
zman115
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:12 pm

dude, I cannot believe this post. First the lake is privately owned by stockholders. Some of whom either work for or have worked for US F&W and NC WRC. Will prosecute you. There are very limited number of roads that cross the creek where there are good duck spots. All of it is private land and it is posted. There is one group you do not want to mess with. If you are on their land there will be no questions and no excuses, first degree criminal trespass. you will see their signs everywhere. Outside of Pamlico County, i have never seen a more agressive group at pursuing trespassers/

By the way the area you described is heavily hunted area and any private land that does allow non hunting club members on it have been corned and shot to death.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Big, if you are going to hunt in Johnston county and want to go someplace that is public but probably not too crowded send me a PM and I will share something with you.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby EastBound&Down » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:10 am

You know G.H. well?
EastBound&Down
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:11 pm

East Bound, was the question on G.H meant for me? If so, send me a PM. thanks.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting