Spot Blind

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Spot Blind

Postby bigsprig » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:27 am

Would appreciate hearing from anyone that has hunted Spot Blind this season or that has advice.

We have January 17, 18.

Know where it is, familiar with area, realize private blind very close, etc.

Just looking for any other recent info if available, thanks.
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Re: Spot Blind

Postby quackedout » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:08 am

Sorry to tell you brotha but you will be at the wrong end of the currituck sound hunting over there. You will see some ducks though my guess would be mostly blackheads and mergansers.
quackedout
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:13 am

Thanks for reply, do not shoot mergs (on purpose anyway). Any input on water depth around the blind from anyone that has hunted recently? Thanks again
Pro staff: Pop Tarts, Little Debbie, Armour Vienna Sausage! Just an old duck hunter that grew up hunting from Moes lake to McGirts Lake in beautiful Sparkleberry Swamp.
bigsprig
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:17 pm

bigsprig wrote:Thanks for reply, do not shoot mergs (on purpose anyway). Any input on water depth around the blind from anyone that has hunted recently? Thanks again

If you know where it is and are familiar with the area, the bottom hasn't changed. The depth changes with the tide.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:07 pm

The locals hunt it on off days. Not far from the ramp. You would have been better off going to Subway with your $5.00 and getting a footlong sub sammich. :lol3:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby bigsprig » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Not my $5, used EBT card. :hi:
bigsprig
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting