Access to Wysocking Bay

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Access to Wysocking Bay

Postby skeeter91 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:01 am

One is owned by the Gibbs family the other is owned by the bank. The only people that are allowed access to those ramps are landowners, the bays caretaker (locals with assault rifles) and guides like Adam Jones and Teddy Gibbs. The reason they lock the gates is so no out of town ya-hoos that don't do their research on GIS, dont scout other places in that area, and just go off ease dropping at martels or harris the night before or cyberscouting on this sites like this won't have the balls to take even a large boat from Outfall or Englhard. The strategy has seemed to work out well too. :yes: :grooving:
skeeter91
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:54 pm

Skeeter91, do you live in Hyde County? Are you a county official in charge of tourism and economic development? How old are you?
Notice i did not post this during duck season I was just looking for access to what appears to be a good place to fish for trout and reds without a long and bumpy ride.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:35 am

We need to fight for all the ramps to be open and to fix the one at outfall. May lessen the traffic at Juniper...
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:42 am

Great point "KA". Who would be responsible for the one at Outfall? It is not one of the listed Wildlife ramps. If State of NC owns it, we could petition the Wildlife Resources Commission. i will check with them this week and see what the steps are.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 am

Or not do anything to the ramps and let the nancy's stay at CC and PP :lol3:
NCfowl
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:16 pm

I just wish this duck craze/hype/coolness would just end. :hammer:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby DuckMauler » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:33 am

I just wish this duck craze/hype/coolness would just end. :hammer:

x2 X3 X4 X5 Especially here in the piedmont. Funny thing is, when I go to the coast I hardly ever see a soul. So for those of you that think it's crowded where you're at on the coast, at least you have 590000000000 miles of open water to get away from the crowds. Nowhere to do that here any more.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:03 pm

HydeMarsh wrote:Skeeter91, do you live in Hyde County? Are you a county official in charge of tourism and economic development? How old are you?
Notice i did not post this during duck season I was just looking for access to what appears to be a good place to fish for trout and reds without a long and bumpy ride.

HydeMarsh,
What if I am from Hyde County? Does it really matter how old I am? Maybe I am in charge of tourism and economic development..if thats the case I would only work 4 months out of the year directing west of Ponzer know it alls like you. Yes I did notice you posted it after duck season, however sir speckled trout is closed till June. Wysocking Bay is too shallow and full of so much grass during the summer and fall that you couldn't punch through it with a 1oz bullet weight. So there is your answer, not even worth your money or time to try to fish it. Stick with Rose Bay and Juniper. That's where everyone from Hyde fishes anyway. :welcome:

Oh and for the record I do have access to one of the ramps. :grooving:
skeeter91
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Thu May 01, 2014 4:09 pm

skeeter91 wrote:
HydeMarsh wrote:Skeeter91, do you live in Hyde County? Are you a county official in charge of tourism and economic development? How old are you?

HydeMarsh,
What if I am from Hyde County? Does it really matter how old I am? Maybe I am in charge of tourism and economic development..if thats the case I would only work 4 months out of the year directing west of Ponzer know it alls like you. Yes I did notice you posted it after duck season, however sir speckled trout is closed till June. Wysocking Bay is too shallow and full of so much grass during the summer and fall that you couldn't punch through it with a 1oz bullet weight. So there is your answer, not even worth your money or time to try to fish it. Stick with Rose Bay and Juniper. That's where everyone from Hyde fishes anyway. :welcome:

Oh and for the record I do have access to one of the ramps. :grooving:

In my humble opinion someone who responds to a reasonable post for information in such a hostile manner is pathetic. Usually such behaviour indicates that the person is displaying over the top and un neccessary aggression in order to attempt to cover up either unusually small genitalia, homosexual urges, or both.

I would like to see people get the opportunity to ask questions without the insults. they serve no purpose.

I think there are three boat landings: one at Billy Myrick's place, one across from the fish house at Ms. Gibbs and the one on Great Ditch. Which one do you have access to? you and both know you are BS'ing about fishing in Wysocking. i stand by my PM to you. Let me know at which ramp you want to meet and i will be there - as a matter of fact I will be working on the one at Great Ditch this Saturday - stop by and we can share a Coke.

the reason i posted the question was to find out as much information about the place before I bought it. the responses, other than yours, were very helpful.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby ducking&diving » Fri May 02, 2014 8:36 am

I have fished will bill myrick a couple times and the fishing out there wasn't any better than rose bay in my experience.
Springing Flying Fish are good practice in the off season
ducking&diving
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:42 am

HydeMarsh, you are talking a big game to be an out of towner, who apparently lives west of 17. To know everything about these ramps you sure seem pretty uncertain. Also thanks for working on the ramp at great ditch, shame you have to work on it and I have access too it. Perks of actually being from Hyde County I guess
skeeter91
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Fri May 02, 2014 9:07 am

Also didn't receive the said PM
skeeter91
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Fri May 02, 2014 10:09 am

Skeeter, Just send you a PM. If you have access to the ramp at Great Ditch then perhaps you are a lot owner, if so, we may have a mutual business issue to solve. We could actually help each other.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Previous

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting