RICHLANDS NC DUCK HUNTING

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

RICHLANDS NC DUCK HUNTING

Postby rolltidebama31 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:48 pm

Hey guys I'm from alabama I'm new to richlands I NEED a place to duck hunt this season anybody got any suggestions
rolltidebama31
hunter

Re: RICHLANDS NC DUCK HUNTING

Postby agtex42 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Welcome to the area and to the forum!

I'm not sure where you're coming from in 'Bama, but there probably aren't as many ducks here as your used to seeing back home (particularly mallards). A boat and a good pair of binos will be your best friend when it comes to scouting. There are plenty of divers on the coast, just have to do your homework and be where they want to be and have a good spread. Swamp hunting can be fun too but you have to do your homework if you want to get into the birds on a regular basis.
agtex42
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:08 pm

NC has plenty of ducks.. just got to do what every other state does and SCOUT
NCfowl
hunter

Postby trigger22 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:10 pm

NCfowl wrote:NC has plenty of ducks.. just got to do what every other state does and SCOUT

But I would rather you do the scouting for me and then tell me and everyone else on the World Wide Web where the good spots are....
Sporting the Ambusher Layout and the Sprigtail Pirogue by Core Sound Layout Boats. "By the time they see you, it's too late."
trigger22
hunter

Postby NCfowl » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:49 am

trigger22 wrote:
NCfowl wrote:NC has plenty of ducks.. just got to do what every other state does and SCOUT

But I would rather you do the scouting for me and then tell me and everyone else on the World Wide Web where the good spots are....

:yes: :yes: :hi: YEEEEEEEEP
NCfowl
hunter

Postby tsamp » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:45 am

Draw hunts are a good way to go and open impoundments if you got skill with decoys and calling. And as you prolly already know scout. Oh and don't ever tell anyone if shot a dabbling duck someplace cuzz there will be 8 different groups there the next weekend acting as though the birds have gold plated breast meat and 3 reward bands on each leg haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tsamp
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting