Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby wahoowilly » Thu May 15, 2014 2:57 pm

NCfowl wrote:Lets all be honest...mostly this is about JJ's..... We all know he doesn't manage his impoundments well at all. Especially his natural places and WE ALL KNOW why the ducks are on the outside sitting close. I mean come on :hi:

Couldn't have anything to do with the 20 tons of corn he was convicted of placing, then hunting over, could it?
wahoowilly
hunter
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm


Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby NCfowl » Thu May 15, 2014 3:52 pm

I mean..... maybe? Can't say that I haven't seen 18 wheelers go in there. :huh: :huh: :huh:
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Thu May 15, 2014 8:20 pm

JJ was convicted for hunting over 20 tons of corn??? Man you are really stretching these days...and contradicting yourself from thread to thread...
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby wahoowilly » Fri May 16, 2014 1:15 pm

JJ was convicted of hunting over corn. A matter of public record. It was documented that he had over 20 tons placed in his impoundments. He lost his hunting privileges for two years and had to pay a $7,500 fine. His friend from Supply, NC was also convicted, and lost his hunting privileges for 2 years and had to pay a $5,000 fine.

BTW I'm not contradicting myself in any way. I don't want Sunday hunting, because, under the current framework I'd have to hunt on Sunday to receive the privileges I'm entitled to. Additionally, for those who hunt public impoundments, it would result in a net loss of opportunities.

However, I think our season is too long and that our limit should be 3 ducks...not so many of each species totaling 6. It should be kept that way until the resources recover to the levels that they were in when ducks were plentiful on an annual basis, not on a spot basis as they are today.
wahoowilly
hunter
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby FITZH2O » Fri May 16, 2014 1:27 pm

What kind of numbers are you looking for? Pintails and scaup are the only ones I knew of that were below long term average and you can't even kill three of them.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
User avatar
FITZH2O
hunter
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: ENC

Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby FITZH2O » Fri May 16, 2014 1:45 pm

I wish they would do away with blind laws, it would spread everyone out.

It would burn me up a lot less if they would at least rename them. In no way, shape, or form do they make duck hunting safer. As a matter of fact I have never heard of anyone getting shot by a member of another party any where in the state. I do hear about people getting shot by others in the same blind however. It is almost insulting to hear the term "Safe Hunter Law". You guys must have some boring dove hunts up there sitting 500yds apart... What's that? You don't sit 500yds apart for dove? That's strange... And very unsafe.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
User avatar
FITZH2O
hunter
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: ENC

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Fri May 16, 2014 4:48 pm

wahoowilly wrote:JJ was convicted of hunting over corn. A matter of public record. It was documented that he had over 20 tons placed in his impoundments (Willy made some of this crap up). He lost his hunting privileges for two years (it was really only one year, but willy likes to embellish) and had to pay a $7,500 fine. His friend from Supply, NC was also convicted, and lost his hunting privileges for 2 years (this guy from Supply didn't lose any hunting privileges...more crap willy made up) and had to pay a $5,000 fine (his fine was only $1,000...more of willy's embellishments).

BTW I'm not contradicting myself in any way (Yeah, you do it all the time...just keep reading, you'll see). I don't want Sunday hunting, because, under the current framework I'd have to hunt on Sunday to receive the privileges I'm entitled to (you are not entitled to any privileges). Additionally, for those who hunt public impoundments, it would result in a net loss of opportunities.

However, I think our season is too long (contradicts your reasoning for not wanting SH) and that our limit should be 3 ducks...not so many of each species totaling 6. It should be kept that way until the resources recover to the levels that they were in when ducks were plentiful on an annual basis, not on a spot basis as they are today. (Your previous reasoning was to get rid of the Jr Commanders. I understand why you would now abandon that logic...because, well...there was never any logic to it)


Added some commentary in blue to help those that don't know willyese to understand....
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby NCfowl » Fri May 16, 2014 5:21 pm

The court case states that JJ PURCHASED 20 tons of corn for the waterfowl season. I don't know if it was all poured at the same time (if it was, sorry for the marshguard(s)). Haha
NCfowl
hunter
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:04 am

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby HydeMarsh » Fri May 16, 2014 7:41 pm

Drop Zone, you cannot be serious. Are you defending the people that have stolen areas we should be entitled to hunt?

Your attack on Willie makes not sense to me. Based on the way seasons are set Willie is entitled to hunt ducks 60 days a year. If the Sunday laws were changed he would have to hunt on Sundays to receive the full entitlement.

the other issue has nothing to do with the Safe Hunter law, do not get the contradiction.

Willie has always seemed to be an experienced duck hunter who is concerned about the sport and fellow duck hunters that are ethical.
HydeMarsh
hunter
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Neuse River

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Fri May 16, 2014 8:24 pm

I'm not attacking anyone, just pointing out the inconsistencies and inaccuracies (most folks call then lies, and he would too if they were about him) that he spews on a regular basis. Personally I have mixed feelings about the current laws. As they stand I play they hand I am dealt and make the best of it...not sit by and whine for years online and in person about them.

Nobody has "stolen" anything. If you actually read the law, and understood it you would know what it meant. Willy is not entitled to hunt at all...not one day. He purchases the privilege to do so, just like everyone else. If you, or he, does not like it then you do not have to choose to purchase the license.

The contradiction is that he does not want to give up hunting opportunities by allowing SH, but he is OK to give up opportunities to get rid of Jr Commanders...his "logic", not mine.

Experienced duck hunter??? Yet to see the connection. Seen him during duck season plenty...normally shows up about dinner time. Never made the connection between him and experienced duck hunter.
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby wahoowilly » Fri May 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Not an attack?

Right.

A simple, "I disagree with you." would do it.

However, you have to be a F. U. C. K. I. N. G. A. S. S. W. I. P. E. about it, as usual.

So, ya got me. I assume I'll be banned for this, but who gives a crap.

Kiss my ass, Milks.
wahoowilly
hunter
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm

Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby FITZH2O » Fri May 16, 2014 8:51 pm

wahoowilly wrote:Not an attack?

Right.

A simple, "I disagree with you." would do it.

However, you have to be a F. U. C. K. I. N. G. A. S. S. W. I. P. E. about it, as usual.

So, ya got me. I assume I'll be banned for this, but who gives a crap.

Kiss my ass, Milks.


Heck of a way to go out, and if you do it's a shame. Sounds like DZ is the one that lost his license? Building a layout this year... Might have to go north this season, and take a range finder. What's the min distance from bait?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
User avatar
FITZH2O
hunter
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: ENC

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Fri May 16, 2014 10:49 pm

FITZH2O wrote:
wahoowilly wrote:.


Heck of a way to go out, and if you do it's a shame. Sounds like DZ is the one that lost his license? Building a layout this year... Might have to go north this season, and take a range finder. What's the min distance from bait?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Never had as much as a warning ticket. Just call them as I see them. BTW, hunt from layouts pretty often. One of the ways I deal with the current laws in place. Some others are too lazy to do the same and they decide to sit aside and whine...'ole Will there included.

wahoowilly wrote:Not an attack?

Right.

A simple, "I disagree with you." would do it.

However, you have to be a F. &^%&* G. A. &!. W. I. P. E. about it, as usual.

So, ya got me. I assume I'll be banned for this, but who gives a crap.

Kiss my a#@, Milks.


Yeah, I got you. Wasn't that hard....you are pretty much full of crap every time you open your mouth. In person and on the web...

Edited out Willy's poor choice of words in the quote, as this is a family friendly website and all.
Last edited by Drop Zone on Sat May 17, 2014 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 pm

And you that are entitled to hunt....do so wherever you please. You are entitled..... :lol:
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Metalman » Sat May 17, 2014 9:07 am

WOW!!!
WAHOOOOOOOOOO>>>>>>>>>>>>
:beer: :beer: :beer:
MILKS, I am gonna buy you drink(s) next time I see you!

Can anyone offer an opposing view of the FACTS, that DROPZONE has mentioned?
Please...
Disclaimer: It is Saturday morning 11:o something. Stone cold sober and wishing I was fishing.
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
User avatar
Metalman
hunter
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:49 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby FITZH2O » Sat May 17, 2014 4:24 pm

I keep reading that post an chuckling willy... It's a classic


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FITZ

"COMMON SENSE IS AN UNCOMMON VIRTUE"

VEG*NHIPPIE Wrote - I'm from the UK, and it's not an issue here

UNDERRADAR REPLIED - Hey, good to know that. Coming up on July 4, we have a celebration. You know of it?
User avatar
FITZH2O
hunter
 
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:26 pm
Location: ENC

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby HydeMarsh » Sat May 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Drop Zone, I really do not understand how you can think it is ok to have a law that enables landowners to place blinds on the shore of water covered by the NC Public Trust Doctrine and keep other citizens from hunting those waters. It has been my observation that many of the blinds are never used at all. Some, and perhaps not all, land owners use several means to harass and intimidate those that hunt in navigable water in Pamlico county. You know it happens.

I realize there is a law that is probably 30 years old that grants the landowners that privilege. there are, and have been, laws that enable a variety of events. That does not necessarily make them a good idea or right. it is not uncommon for laws get repealed.

I hope this one does.

I would like to see everyone get behind a more sensible set of statewide rules that enable every citizen to hunt in a truly safe manner. The Safe Hunter law as written cannot be about safety. if it was, those same landowners would have a 500 yard separation between blinds in their impoundments.

Some landowners own many miles of shore. they cannot possibly hunt it all, why should they stop others?

I am not whinning and complaining about this. I am new to the cause and I intend to take steps in the legislature, courts and media to reverse the SHL.

I think public outcry stopped this cancer from spreading to counties such as Craven.
HydeMarsh
hunter
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Neuse River

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Drop Zone » Sat May 17, 2014 9:45 pm

Do not support or oppose the law... did not argue one way or the other in any of my posts. I deal with the laws. as they are. You have the rods out, but are trolling at the wrong speed with the wrong bait. But hey, at least you're fishin. :thumbsup:
User avatar
Drop Zone
hunter
 
Posts: 733
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:00 am
Location: High Point

Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Willie » Sun May 18, 2014 12:04 pm

Hey now, I like fishin'.
Image
User avatar
Willie
hunter
 
Posts: 3987
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:52 am
Location: Fuquay Varina, NC

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby HydeMarsh » Sun May 18, 2014 6:51 pm

I am open to input, what is the right bait and what is the right speed?
HydeMarsh
hunter
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Neuse River

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Splashin' Divers » Mon May 19, 2014 8:05 am

I would say by complaining on the internet is the wrong bait, and by talking about your rights is the wrong speed! Get over it, it's not going to change anytime soon. People that live in the area and help elect our elected officals stand behind this law, as well as the elected officals. Buy you some property and hunt away. Be sure to build you some dummy blinds on your property to keep people away.

On a side note, I'm not hard to get along with, anyone on this board that knows me will tell you that. We take duck hunting serious and hold ourselves accountable to the laws. I strongly disagree with the baiting law, however it is the law and I will abide by it. Are there some that don't? No doubt.
Splashin' Divers
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: Eastern North Carolina

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby duk-cmdr » Tue May 20, 2014 1:49 pm

all this talk of entitlement, priviledge and Sunday hunting...

If the law were changed to allow Sunday hunting of waterfowl, that would entitle me to the priviledge of ADDING a couple days to my duck season! I must be the minority in that I typically work M-F aside from pre-approved days off.
duk-cmdr
hunter
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:35 am

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby HydeMarsh » Tue May 20, 2014 7:21 pm

The North Carolina Constitution and NC General Statute 145 define all North Carolina Citizens rights under the public trust doctrine as: "the right to navigate, swim, HUNT, fish, and enjoy all recreational activities in the watercourses of the State."

My purpose is not to rant online but inform everyone of the facts. Based on the simple but powerful statement above I would think every right thinking person should see that the Pamlico law violates our state constitution. How can anyone sit silent on this?

I guess many politicians count on citizens that are uninformed or spineless. Many have suggested that our current president has taken this concept to an art form. I cannot stand silent on this issue, it affects future generations of citizens. What better place to keep this issue in front of duck hunters than on this forum?

I am trying to get duck hunters to step up and say "no" to this abuse.

Not only have I raised it to the NC WRC, the Craven County Commission, the North Carolina Attorney General (I was informed that a 2012 State Appeals Court Ruling stated the North Carolina Attorney General has the responsibility to litigate NCPTD issues)
and my legislative representative. I met Sunday with a group that is equally concerned. Our goal will be to raise money to do the following:

1. Get a statewide rule that preempts local laws, conforms to the NCPTD, and ensures a quality outdoor experience in our sounds, bays and rivers.

2. In the short term, ask the court for a stay on the Pamlico law.

3. Educate hunters on responsible, ethical and safe set ups for public water hunting.

You can sit in your chair in the Piedmont and trash good public water hunters (Willy) who have tried to take action against this wrong but I prefer to fight it with my time, energy and money. His data was valid as presented.

Do you hunt Pamlico or Albemarle sound on your own? If you have made the type commitment it takes to do this then you should be with us.

I will probably never hunt in Pamlico county but I do not want a few to take what is guaranteed to all. When I was a young man, I believed a politician who said " Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country"

I am using "county" as a metaphor for the average NC duck hunter.
HydeMarsh
hunter
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am
Location: Neuse River

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby Splashin' Divers » Wed May 21, 2014 7:59 am

Sounds like you have a lot of extra time to worry about duck hunting and its laws. No one is denying you the right to public waters. By all means, enjoy it. But in Pamlico and Cartaret Counties, we have a 500 yard law. You can still use those waters. The law does not take those waters away from you. They are still there for every citizen to use. All the law states is that you cant hunt within 500 yards of another hunting location. It doesn't take your right to use that water away from you!
Splashin' Divers
hunter
 
Posts: 224
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:25 pm
Location: Eastern North Carolina

Re: Pamlico County Safe hunter Law

Postby EastBound&Down » Wed May 21, 2014 10:06 am

Splashin' Divers wrote:Sounds like you have a lot of extra time to worry about duck hunting and its laws.


Sounds like you are getting a little worried that change is a coming :lol3:
EastBound&Down
hunter
 
Posts: 1178
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:14 pm

PreviousNext

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: NCSUDucker, Percy86 and 17 guests