Wilmington Area

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Wilmington Area

Postby DEDuck34 » Wed May 21, 2014 9:01 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and say I'm new to the area..not looking for handouts so it's not why I'm here. Just wanted to see what kind of crowd is usually here. My job relocated me to the Wilmington area possibly until the end of the year and I'm not missing out on my waterfowl season! I'm from Delaware originally and moved to PA for my company and have some great waterfowl action up there. Going to get out and scout areas out in the next couple months to figure out what gear I need to bring down here, unfortunately due to space I cannot bring my whole goose and duck rig down here. Hope I'm a decent area for waterfowl down here.
DEDuck34
hunter

Re: Wilmington Area

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Thu May 22, 2014 5:22 am

All you need is enough time and fuel to get out of Wilmywood and you should do fine on ducks. How far did you say it was to PA? They have ducks there? :hi:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby DEDuck34 » Thu May 22, 2014 8:36 am

Thanks! I'm about 9.5 hrs away from my home in PA, I do most of my hunting in NJ which is right next to where I'm living. Duck numbers usually show up in drones right as the season closes but we kill our fair share. We do a lot of goose hunting there and have great seasons up there for goose.

Dingbatter 2 wrote:All you need is enough time and fuel to get out of Wilmywood and you should do fine on ducks. How far did you say it was to PA? They have ducks there? :hi:
DEDuck34
hunter

Postby labman63 » Mon May 26, 2014 6:42 am

If you are not doing anything next weekend ride up 40 a few miles to Rocky Point and watch a bunch of dogs picking up ducks. Derby/Q on Friday and hunt test Saturday and Sunday. Go east from Rocky Point on Rt 210 to Moorestown rd. Take it until pavement runs out and keep going straight on dirt rd.
labman63
hunter

Postby DEDuck34 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:28 pm

Hey Labman - Thanks for the heads up..I just checked Entry Express to see if any of my buddies or trainers I know were running and unfortunately I didn't see any familiar names..I might still go check it out, I miss running tests myself. Are you going?

labman63 wrote:If you are not doing anything next weekend ride up 40 a few miles to Rocky Point and watch a bunch of dogs picking up ducks. Derby/Q on Friday and hunt test Saturday and Sunday. Go east from Rocky Point on Rt 210 to Moorestown rd. Take it until pavement runs out and keep going straight on dirt rd.
DEDuck34
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting