A little ridiculous

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

A little ridiculous

Postby KAhunter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:37 am

NC State troopers can be real pains in the *** sometimes, esp for us out of state businesses. My driver, who is driving to pick up some plants in North Carolina in a 6 ton dump truck, currently empty, has been stopped at the weigh station and held because he doesn't have a log for 7 days ago. He has the log for every day we have traveled including today. He has not travelled nor has the truck moved within the last 7 days. So now , the nice lady state trooper is holding him for 10 HOURS. He has to sit there for 10 HOURS doing NOTHING. Am i missing something or should I just bend over and take it for this BS. He is not a regular truck driver nor is he on the road every day. We drive to North Carolina pretty regularly for plant orders and to work and have never had this come up. We do get stopped alot, and given a thorough check, but we have all our safety equipment and log book for the day and any days prior THAT WE WERE DRIVING along with everything else needed . This is bullshit and only is hurting an honest private company who is trying to make a living. Complete BS. Sorry Rant over
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Re: A little ridiculous

Postby KAhunter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:50 am

Just talked to my driver. There are 4 other Virginia trucks being held along with him. Thanks North Carolina!! Just trying to spend some money in your state, no big deal.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

KAhunter
hunter

Postby dwendt » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 am

Depending on how far away the trip is he needs to have his days written down that he wasn't driving ie: where the hours are it would say off 5-28-14 - 6-1-14. That's how I always did it in mn and they never corrected me when checking log books. You just need "proof" he was "off duty"
dwendt
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 am

KA, I tried to send a PM but it did not work. One of my teams is building a system for DMV. I will call the commissioner if you want me to. which weigh station?
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm

i appreciate it hydemarsh but its too late now to worry about it anymore or cause a big stink. He just has to sit there till 7. We arent truck drivers or in shipping and we didnt know you needed to fill out 7 days prior sheets with a 0 hours or "didnt drive" for all of this to not be a problem. Doesnt need to be checked by anyone or verified before the police check you at the weigh station just need to have ti written down. It is soo f-ing dumb. I understand the law but sometimes common sense must prevail. I would rather take about 250$ and just watch it burn. Atleast i get to see fire then.

KAhunter
hunter

Postby dwendt » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm

Is it more than 100 miles away?
dwendt
hunter

Postby nitram » Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:14 pm

You're also caught-up in Roadcheck 2014 or as I like to put it; "the DOT 72 hours of hell".
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:27 pm

nitram wrote:You're also caught-up in Roadcheck 2014 or as I like to put it; "the DOT 72 hours of hell".

I was about to say the same thing. Trucks everywhere are getting stopped for everything possible. I'm in 3rd party logistics. Its hell week
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby KAhunter » Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:22 am

We were more than 100 miles from our shop. I understand the law and we will be up to date in the future. I just would have hoped common sense or common decency could have prevailed and the cop would let us go instead of holding us because my driver didnt write "0 hours driving" on 7 sheets of paper. Oh well $100 fine and 10 hours of no work plus paying for overtime I am figuring it cost me around 400 bucks. Awesome.

KAhunter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting