BDM Fishing Tournament 2014

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

BDM Fishing Tournament 2014

Postby Metalman » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:19 pm

After some recuperation and some cooling off, I would like to send this brief message to anyone who takes the time to read it. Thank you in advance.
Congratulations to Tony Hawkins and Brad Eagle on winning the tournament with some great fish.
Congratulations to all of the participants, we caught a lot of fish this year, and a lot of big fish this year. Also, for everyone that hung around for the evening, we had some great fellowship and fun. Some of us were able to win some awesome prizes, and some of us were able to put faces with names/nicknames.
Congratulations to John Comey for another great tournament, thank you for your tireless efforts. We appreciate all of the work you put into this tournament, and look forward to it each year.
Congratulations to everyone that helped John Comey put this tournament together, without all of your help it simply would not have been as good as it was.
Thank you AK Plyler and Outlaw Symphony. You guys put on one heck a show, and we all enjoyed the show.
Thank you R.E. Mayo Seafood, for the use of your facilities. Thank you Hobucken Marina, for the use of your facilities. Thank you Pates Boatyard, for the use of your facilities. Thank you to everyone at the Lowland VFD for providing us with biscuits and drinks. Thank you Paul for cooking some awesome barbeque. As good as any I have ever had, and the sauce was perfect. Thank you to all of the sponsors who helped make this all happen in either a big or small way.
I think the tournament this year was another great success. At the end of the day, we raised money for a good cause in the name of our good friend Bill Duncan (Bull Cook). We had great fellowship, and we caught a bunch of fish. We were also able to enjoy some great music and great barbeque and each other.
I myself am already looking forward to the next tournament.
Most of us may be Dingbatters, and we are really trying hard to do our part and to help out wherever and whenever we can. I hope the locals will continue to allow us to enjoy this downeast area, and continue to spend our money in this area, and if someone does get out of line, disrespects someone, or simply is not paying attention, I hope they/we can get that person pointed in the right direction and not make the mistake of lumping all of the Dingbatters into the same pile. Of course there are going to be some bad apples, there always are. They will cull themselves out soon enough.
Despite some of our political views and some of our political friendships, we are all a pretty good bunch of guys. We all work hard for what we have. We try to take care of what we have. We respect each other and respect the law.

In closing, I would like to say this. As guest at Pates Boatyard or at anyone’s place on the island, it would be a big mistake for me or anyone else to,
#1) Get drunk and belligerent while a guest.
#2) Pick a fight with someone b/c of #1.
#3) Steal something from the very people who invited me there as a guest.

Word of advice; don’t pick a fight at someone else’s house when you are way out numbered.
I hope you enjoy that tan Yeti cooler as much as I have the last couple of years. I will buy another one. Every time you open it up, you will be reminded that you are a lowlife P.O.S. thief, and you always will be.
Put that duck call in your pocket, you're not that good, and you're flaring birds
http://www.CaptGarysDowneast.com
I support "Safe Hunter Law"
Tip your guide! He can't control the ducks or how poorly you shoot!
Metalman
hunter

Re: BDM Fishing Tournament 2014

Postby m.teeter » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Well said Metalman, glad you guys had another successful tourney.
m.teeter
hunter

Re: BDM Fishing Tournament 2014

Postby Dingbatter » Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:37 am

Yeti makes a cable and lock attachment to secure your next cooler, it cost about $35.00
Dingbatter
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting