Currituck

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Currituck

Postby skeeter91 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:49 pm

Fellas,
Looking for some general information on hunting the permit blinds in currituck.
PM me please
skeeter91
hunter

Re: Currituck

Postby cbrtrvr » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

What kind of info you looking for? Like save your 5 dollars?
cbrtrvr
hunter

Postby KAhunter » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:37 am

Go and ride around the area before you go. Just like anywhere there are better draws than others. Got a chance to kill just about any puddle duck or diving duck.
"If you have to be crazy to be a duck hunter, i dont wish to be sane" Robert Ruark

Its always duck season, there is just a long break from february to september.
KAhunter
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:20 am

Depending on the wind, you may (or may not) have enough water to get to the blinds.
I'd suggest at least a 18 ft boat (just in case). Smaller boats will work on calmer days, but watch the weather close.

Travel/boat in the day before, and "track" your route on a GPS, to follow the morning of the hunt.
Just using a GPS "go to" cords, may run you though pound nets, blinds, across sand bars... so motor easy, and don't crash something.

Always wear you PFD while running in the dark on Currituck. It probably won't save your life if you fall in cold water, but at least your body will be found so the family can have closure.

Don't be expecting much. The aquatic vegetation that held birds years ago, is depleted due to salinity and pollution.
It's not what it use to be, but still nostalgic to hunt at least one.
For $5, you get what you pay for (a scenic boat ride back to the ramp)

Good luck,
T.
Free Pillowcasr & Whompus Cat !
tsmart
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:04 am

tsmart wrote:
Always wear you PFD while running in the dark on Currituck. It probably won't save your life if you fall in cold water, but at least your body will be found so the family can have closure.

Jesus T, don't you realize I want them to make up a ghost story about me in Currituck :lol3:

Already looked into it, and I came to the conclusion I am going to stick with crawling into the comfy pit blinds located just off N Lake Rd and cuddling with whatever mammal (or reptile) that decided to crawl in it the night before. Oh yeah and maybe shoot a few fowl.
skeeter91
hunter

Postby tsmart » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:05 am

Dude just died last year on the 'tuck, if my memory serves me well.
I know of several deaths - so it's not for the faint of heart.

If people just use their head, it's not bad.
But sometimes, people do things and they should have known better.

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:37 am

People die everywhere from duck hunting accidents "T". Kid and his dog were murdered at Pamlico Pointe two years ago because they were in a locals spot. Game Wardens found the kids body several days later. Locals took his boat and all his blocks after they killed him. Not a Pamlico myth either. Know all the wardens down in the county (Beaufort and Pamlico) heard from one of them personally. Crazy bastards to shoot someone over a :censored: duck. Accidents do happen though but not if you have plenty of hours logged on the water.
skeeter91
hunter

Postby tsmart » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:59 am

O.... k.
tsmart
hunter

Postby HydeMarsh » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi Skeeter, hope things are going well. Was the incident in Pamlico reported in the papers and was the case ever solved? this intriques me and i would like to know more about it. Sure makes you think twice about hunting there.
oh yea, see you on North Lake this season. Stop by and we can cook some trout or flounder. man are there some big cotton mouths in the swamp adjacent to you. they really like the mice in duck blinds.
HydeMarsh
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:00 am

skeeter91 wrote:People die everywhere from duck hunting accidents "T". Kid and his dog were murdered at Pamlico Pointe two years ago because they were in a locals spot. Game Wardens found the kids body several days later. Locals took his boat and all his blocks after they killed him. Not a Pamlico myth either. Know all the wardens down in the county (Beaufort and Pamlico) heard from one of them personally. Crazy bastards to shoot someone over a :censored: duck. Accidents do happen though but not if you have plenty of hours logged on the water.

A kid and his dog were murdered 2 years ago at the Point, stole his boat and decoys. Well, I have a place near there and hunt it all the time and have never heard of this. Can you verify (media wise) this? I might have to call Ed Austin and ask him about this non-publicized murder. :huh:
Shurshot
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:42 am

Hydemarsh, everything is great! Ill take you up on that on the flounder and trout. Would like to be able to contribute to the pot I should be around this weekend, we are doing some renovations to our smaller impoundment near yours. Expanding another five or six acres towards Grady's and Parker's places up the road from your stuff. So you see a white tundra parked in front of the skeeter inn stop on in. Friday night would be better, Saturday is gonna be a little busy.

T, I didnt mean to startle you. But as for media coverage there was none for the most part it was local news. I know the Sun Journal and some local news stations in the area had coverage on it. Haha I know Hydemarsh is aware of the locals in Pamlico County but as for the rest of you, no media coverage ever comes out of that area. Especially goose creek island. Drownings happen all the time out there, you never hear or read about them via media. The media could care less about what goes on in Pamlico. I heard this from my father who is in the gun club in Pamlico county with the most of the sheriffs department. Even got the Pamlico county sheriffs department t-shirt, so thats a pretty reliable source of information.

Msparks909 the reason he is so up on carrying his pistol with him while he is hunting is because while hunting at "the pointe" a group of locals got mad at his party and began shooting decoys as well as his dog. All I am trying to say is avoid people and dont piss locals off. Good way to get shot at
skeeter91
hunter

Postby tsmart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:21 am

skeeter91 wrote:T, I didnt mean to startle you.

Startle me. :huh:
Nope.
Have you ever seen the wind blow the Pamlico Sound dry?
Sorry, I didn't mean to waste any more of my time.
Carry on.

skeeter91 wrote:Even got the Pamlico county sheriffs department t-shirt, so thats a pretty reliable source of information.

Do you wash it with your black pro staff hoodie? If so, make sure you use a color guard detergent.

Good day..

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:42 pm

skeeter91 wrote:Even got the Pamlico county sheriffs department t-shirt, so thats a pretty reliable source of information.

Do you wash it with your black pro staff hoodie? If so, make sure you use a color guard detergent.

Good day..

T.[/quote/]

Sorry for wasting your time sir...I am not apart of any pro staffs or want to associate myself with any "pro-staffs"
Just a good old eastern north carolina boy who likes to shoot ducks on occasion, maybe catch a few fish here and there.
I dont let duck hunting run my life like some people on this site. Yeah I may be a newbie too the fourm, but growing up in Hyde County should say enough. So dont associate me with the ignorant cyberscouters. All I asked was for information about hunting in currituck because I never taken the time to adventure any further north than nags head. So Tsmart good day to you as well sir. Hope you have a awesome season!
skeeter91
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:50 pm

So you say the media doesn't report things in Pamlico Co, especially GCI. Skeeter, you are extremely naïve. :no: So a murder and grand theft occurred there but only locals know about it? Not much media coverage, huh? How about digging up a Sun Journal archive on it if you can .... I'd like to see the facts instead of all this hearsay bloviating.
Shurshot
hunter

Postby tsmart » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:33 am

skeeter91 wrote:growing up in Hyde County should say enough.

Yep. Good point.
Hunting knee deep flooded corn fields, is tuff and dangerous hunting.
Currituck will be a walk in the park for you.
Good luck, and have fun! :thumbsup:

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:25 am

tsmart wrote:
skeeter91 wrote:growing up in Hyde County should say enough.

Yep. Good point.
Hunting knee deep flooded corn fields, is tuff and dangerous hunting.
Currituck will be a walk in the park for you.
Good luck, and have fun! :thumbsup:

T.

Yeah, I'd say farming is pretty easy isn't it. Working during the hottest months of the year, yeah its a real cake walk down there. I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and sweat a little bit. We don't pay people to tend our impoundments, we do everything ourselves. So while you are enjoying the beach in July think about me and how I actually really am working for my ducks. As for the danger factor, lets see you walk through a corn field, work on a PTO, or move a riser in the middle of August and see how long it takes you to get 1) bitten by a cottonmouth, 2) catch malaria from the teal sized mosquito's, or 3) passout from heat exhaustion. It's people like you who dub Hyde County as the "rich mans hunting". Yeah it does take a lot of money, but its five times the amount of work and ten times the amount of risk. Where as your public land hunting or swamp requires little to no work compared to hunting impoundments. Oh and just so you don't think I am contradicting my previous comment about my life doesnt revolve around ducks. I've farmed and commercial fished. That's how I used to make money. So yeah if I actually wanted to go to Currituck I will. I have enough experience on the water to know what I am doing.I hunt on the sound and my fair share of public land. I seriously think you have me confused for some ignorant teenager who gets his dad to spoon feed everything too him. Well sir you are wrong. So go be a :censored: to someone else because quite frankly after your little comment I don't give a rats ass what else you have to say about "the easy flooded corn field hunting" :fingerpt:

Just to be a :censored: bag like you im gonna sign off too

GD.
skeeter91
hunter

Postby tsmart » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:56 am

Yer feather's get ruffled pretty easy, eh? :lol3:
(It doesn't really matter, but FYI - I was raised on a farm - 4 generations - so I'm well versed)
Hey - Did you notice Sureshot directed a few questions that you seem to have dodged. :huh:

Back on topic - Your were looking for info. on Currituck.
I gave you some info, and you blew it off.
Funny how that works...
O....Kay...

Best of luck to ya... :beer:

T.
tsmart
hunter

Postby skeeter91 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:32 pm

tsmart wrote:Yer feather's get ruffled pretty easy, eh? :lol3:
(It doesn't really matter, but FYI - I was raised on a farm - 4 generations - so I'm well versed)
Hey - Did you notice Sureshot directed a few questions that you seem to have dodged. :huh:

Back on topic - Your were looking for info. on Currituck.
I gave you some info, and you blew it off.
Funny how that works...
O....Kay...

Best of luck to ya... :beer:

T.

put it in my back pocket for a rainy day. Thanks for the pm. Just don't like people who don't know me taking shots at my work ethic. like i said appreciate the PM. As for shurshot, go try and find anything in the sun journal thats related to pamlico county in the past year and half that has anything to do with criminal activity on Goose creek island and I bet you wont find anything. Goose Creek Island is technically apart of Beaufort County they dont archive stuff like they used too. Neither does the Sun Journal. But you can look and try to prove me wrong.
skeeter91
hunter

Postby ncbufflehead » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:05 pm

Can someone please call the Hyde County School system and tell them that the short bus lost a passenger.
ncbufflehead
hunter

Postby Shurshot » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 pm

Thank you ncbufflehead as I think you've pretty much summed it up.
Shurshot
hunter

Postby Willie » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

ncbufflehead wrote:Can someone please call the Hyde County School system and tell them that the short bus lost a passenger.

:lol3:
Willie
hunter

Postby Splashin' Divers » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:34 am

Having worked in Law Enforcement in Pamlico County during that time frame, I never heard a word of a homicide in Pamlico County and Im sure I would have been apart of working it.
Splashin' Divers
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:22 pm

"Fellas,
PM me please"

:clapping:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:23 pm

skeeter91 wrote:Fellas,
PM me please

:clapping:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting