Field goose hunters

This is the North Carolina duck hunting forum. A place to discuss duck hunting in North Carolina and other waterfowl.

Moderators: stumpjumper, fowl_wishes, NCSUDucker

Field goose hunters

Postby quack-quack » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm

Season is coming up.. Any of you around wanna join up, I don't know any spots yet, or really how the flyway is in general here, but I've got decoys, calls and ready to Choot 'Em
Message me if you want
quack-quack
hunter

Re: Field goose hunters

Postby Joe Guide » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:45 am

This 2014 Early Goose Season should be, or could become one of the best Opening day morning hunts ever in the state of N.C.

Now...lets see if the corn crops near the Golf Courses get cut in time...that's mighty important.
Mr. Nash, he had me take out a Mr. Money from England, who was "De' Shooingest Gent'man" I'd ever did meet! ***Check out [Joe Guide YOU TUBE hunting Videos]***
Joe Guide
hunter

Postby grizz18 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 am

On the flip side...my partner and I have tons of decoys/blinds ect. If anyone every has geese and they need some more man power/decoy presence feel free to contact me. We would be glad to come help kill some geese!
grizz18
Squatch Life

Postby DuckMauler » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:00 am

This used to be one of my most favorite seasons of the year, that is back when we had geese..... back before 15 bird limits, electronic calls, and before developments took the place of agriculture and city parks, city lakes, etc were everywhere. I used to never ever go a day without seeing at least a couple four hundred geese. I could not tell you the last time I saw a goose since spring. Very sad what this state has done to the goose population. Haven't hunted them during the early season now in 5 years.
Ephesians 4:32
DuckMauler
hunter

Postby NCSUTACOMA » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 am

DuckMauler wrote:This used to be one of my most favorite seasons of the year, that is back when we had geese..... back before 15 bird limits, electronic calls, and before developments took the place of agriculture and city parks, city lakes, etc were everywhere. I used to never ever go a day without seeing at least a couple four hundred geese. I could not tell you the last time I saw a goose since spring. Very sad what this state has done to the goose population. Haven't hunted them during the early season now in 5 years.

DM, everybody knows all the geese are in Cary, every sub division, yuppie store drainage pond, sidewalk, and even along the side of the interstate now you can't go a 1/4 mile and not see at least 100 geese. And they cross the street and all the tree huggers in stop and block traffic for them to cross safely.
NCSUTACOMA
hunter

Return to North Carolina Duck Hunting