Duck Hunting Forum banner

October Season

6K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  DuckMauler 
#1 ·
Good luck to anyone that is going to go out over the next few days. Who is gonna try?? Weather doesnt look great but we are gonna give it a go either way. Hope yall get into them. Be safe

#13 ·
Did well in my area.. shocking good number of pintail are down and teal are still around.. looks like i will be hunting everymorning till sunday.. good luck guys

#14 ·
brackett33 said:
Did well in my area.. shocking good number of pintail are down and teal are still around.. looks like i will be hunting everymorning till sunday.. good luck guys
Yes :thumbsup:
We easily got our pintail limits and a few BW to add to the bag
I don't get too many hunts when we stop shooting the pins and let multiple flocks decoy and sit in the spread to swim. Told partner to sit back and take it in because I doubted it was going to repeat itself anytime soon.

#17 ·
Paul26 said:
Pins? On 1 October? You guys just taught me something.

Dumb question: is there any such thing as a resident pintail? Or do they migrate early with Teal?
Migrate early but usually not nice pretty sprig tails. They come later.

#18 ·
trigger22 said:
Paul26 said:
Pins? On 1 October? You guys just taught me something.

Dumb question: is there any such thing as a resident pintail? Or do they migrate early with Teal?
Migrate early but usually not nice pretty sprig tails. They come later.
Saw hundreds up close. Lots and lots of hens and drakes were young and immature. Saw a few big bulls but not a single nice sprig.

#25 ·
We struggled again today. Fog was bad again and no wind. Could hear a few woodies but ended up only getting one. Have not seen the number of woodies this year like we saw last year. Had no problem getting limits in 10 minutes last year, this year is a whole different story.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.