Duck Hunting Forum banner

Permits Drawn

7K views 46 replies 21 participants last post by  FowlPlay27403 
#1 ·
Permit results were finally posted this morning. How did everyone do?

#12 ·
I normally go on 30 or more permit hunts a year
I just put $5 gas in the truck or boat and just go

#13 ·
Here is a little story about the total BS permit draws. I put in for some permits, all the same impoundment all in the last part of the season and received the total screw job. Thursday I checked the web site and I had 5 choices, again all the same place, they stated that they were pending ok no problem right, not wrong. On Friday went back in to check again, this is where it gets funky, it took my first choice and moved me to a totally different impoundment at a completely different time than I selected. This was more than a month a half apart from my selected time. Needless to say I'm not very happy with this total crap system.I called the wildlife office and could get no reasonable answer to what happened. Either their system is complete garbage or someone over there is manipulating the process. What is worse is that half of the people which sign up for this impoundment don't even show up to hunt. We need a serious overhaul on this antiquated horse hockey system.

#14 ·
My guess would be that your name got drawn and all your 1-5 choices were already filled up from folks that got drawn before you. The computer system probably placed you in the next available open choice to the game land you applied for.

#17 ·
One of the things I hate most about the lottery system is that you don't need to have a valid hunting license to enter. You only need a WRC #. This allows a lot of individuals to clutter the system up. PETA and other animal rights folks purposely put in for swan permits and hunts this way to get a draw and hopefully prevent hunter from getting the opportunity to harvest animals.

#18 ·
i got my swan. i put in for a bunch including futch early and late which i got zero. NR i got a early day but corn wasnt cut nor really flooded. did pick up one day in cedar bay coinjock blind but i live and hunt that area already.

#19 ·
I agree with you about the wrc number. The swan permits you have to a hunting license that's what the manager i spoke with told me. I did mention this to her and she stated that there are problems with the current system. Over the next year i am going to try to work with them on changing that (anyone who wants to help, please do), there is power in numbers. First thing is you have to have valid hunting license to even apply for permit draws, that way the Petaites would at least have to spend the money for that as well as the 5 bucks. Next, raise the price and eliminate parties so we can take who want and increase our chances of picking up draws, like Mattamskeet. The list goes on, if you would like to help please speak up.These are our resources, lets treat them that way.

#21 ·
sneak boat said:
Here is a little story about the total BS permit draws. I put in for some permits, all the same impoundment all in the last part of the season and received the total screw job. Thursday I checked the web site and I had 5 choices, again all the same place, they stated that they were pending ok no problem right, not wrong. On Friday went back in to check again, this is where it gets funky, it took my first choice and moved me to a totally different impoundment at a completely different time than I selected. This was more than a month a half apart from my selected time. Needless to say I'm not very happy with this total crap system.I called the wildlife office and could get no reasonable answer to what happened. Either their system is complete garbage or someone over there is manipulating the process. What is worse is that half of the people which sign up for this impoundment don't even show up to hunt. We need a serious overhaul on this antiquated horse hockey system.
Weird you mentioned this, I just went and rechecked my permit draws and it now states I was selected for two additional ones. I'm almost positive they said "not selected" last week. Weird. Luckily though my others that I was originally selected for stayed as-is. I'm not complaining. Made sure to print to PDF this time though haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.