Duck Hunting Forum banner

Bayboro House

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  WingsCupped 
#1 ·
Is the Bayboro House in Bayboro still open and have rooms for hunters

#3 ·
Back in the days when you could hunt the impoundments on Mondays & Wednesdays w/o a permit I would hunt PP & CC several times. Most of the time me and a buddy would leave home around midnight and drive about 3 hours to the ramp, launch and hunt that morning, then drive back home in the afternoon. It was fun but pretty tough and not the safest thing to do being on the road that tired. This year I went out on a limb and applied for Spring Creek since it now has assigned blinds and I can walk in instead of pulling a boat 3 hrs. I drew blind that according to the NCWRC site I can walk to the blind without my small one man boat. So I'm going to try and stay the night before. I knew the Bayboro House was there, just didn't know if it was still open. Not looking for anything fancy just a decent bed and a place to shower.

#4 ·
Was open last season, stayed there when hunted with Lefler. Huge room, made for large group, had to cross common room to get to bathroom. Huge kitchen area, only others there were owners and construction workers from Aurora. :beer:

#6 ·
I haven't stayed there in several years, but it is definitely suited for hunters looking for a place to rest their heads. It use to have a basement with dog kennels so your dog could stay inside in the warmth but not be in the main house....not sure if that is still offered???

Is Gus still running the place? Now he's a character :yes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.